International Fresh Produce Association's Women’s Conference to Empower Attendees With Insights, Networking, Inspiration; Brenda Necic Details
WASHINGTON, DC & NEWARK, DE - Having attended the International Fresh Produce Association’s (IFPA) Women’s Fresh Perspectives Conference, I can say that it is a can't-miss event for women in our industry. This year, the association is bringing top speakers and networking opportunities to the show, which will take place April 16–18, 2023, in Orlando, Florida.
“Empowered women empower others, and IFPA’s expert speakers will do just that for current and aspirational female leaders in our industry,” said Brenda Necic of Pure Flavor®, and conference Co-Chair. “Women benefit from more effective leadership training that is informed by, shaped by, and focused on women’s perspectives—training developed through a ‘gender lens’—and that’s at the heart of this event.”
The Women’s Fresh Perspectives Conference aims to cultivate women’s potential, develop their skills, and advance their careers, a release stated. It is also one of the most visible IFPA commitments to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI).
At this year’s conference, attendees will be able to take place in a myriad of discussions that further their knowledge of the industry and themselves. This includes learning to build their personal brands, negotiating from a position of power, understanding the impact of advocacy, and more.
“This conference equips women personally and professionally, with development opportunities for everyone—emerging, mid-level, and executive female leaders. It is unique among other professional programs in our industry,” Necic added. “We’re thrilled to welcome speakers that will challenge and inspire participants. IFPA is committed to advancing the skills, leadership, and opportunities for our members, which will advance our industry as well. We’re especially proud to have a strong suite of women’s programs within our talent portfolio.”
2023 speakers include:
- Chemmy Alcott, legendary British skier, four-time Winter Olympian, and BBC “Ski Sunday” and Olympic Presenter
- Leadership guru Mimi Brown
- IFPA Chief Executive Officer Cathy Burns, IFPA Board Chair
- Laura Himes of Walmart
- Beth Keeton, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Elephant House PR
- Karen McCollough, nationally known speaker and expert on change, generational opportunities, and workforce trends
- Tamara Muruetagoiena, IFPA’s Director of Sustainability
- Predictive Index expert Vicki Myoda
- Charlotte Stallings, speaker, author and former Vice President of Investment Strategies and National Spokesperson for Ameriprise Financial
- Lori Taylor of The Produce Moms
- IFPA’s Mollie Van Lieu, Vice President, Nutrition and Health
- Kate Wade, certified executive coach
To register, click here.
For more coverage of the event, stick close with AndNowUKnow.