National Mango Board Names Mango Mania Display Contest Winners
ORLANDO, FL – The National Mango Board (NMB) has named the winners of the Mango Mania Display Contest.
“Since we began the Mango Mania Display Contest we have been impressed with the amount of creativity amongst the stores,” said Megan McKenna, Director of Marketing for the NMB. “This contest is such a great way to pump up mango sales and increase mango movement and our results reflect it; having mango volume increase 138% in participating stores over the same period in 2013 is huge.”
The contest was designed to help stores boost mango sales while showcasing creativity and educating shoppers. The Point-of-Sale materials available to the participating stores featured cutting, selection and nutrition messages as well as easy recipe ideas for mangos. Stores were asked to create their most creative and effective displays and leave them up for at least seven days during the month of July.
The top winners in each category include:
Up to 50 Stores, 7 or more registers
- 1st Place, $1,000 prize: Garrett Fowden, Payson Market, Payson, UT
- 2nd Place, $750 prize: Doug Dallo, Foodland, National City, CA
- 3rd Place, $500 prize: Raul Rivera, Save A Lot Mercado, San Diego, CA
Up to 50 Stores, 1 to 6 registers
- 1st Place, $1,000 prize: Jodie Murdock, Fresh Market, Richfield, UT
- 2nd Place, $750 prize: Michelle Heneby, Marvin’s Food Saver, Dewey, OK
- 3rd Place, $500 prize: Robert Earls, CV’s Family Foods, Danville, AR
More than 50 Stores, 7 or more registers
- 1st Place, $1,000 prize: John Jaworski, Price Rite, Chicopee, MA
- 2nd Place, $750 prize: Jeff Picchioni, Price Rite, Seekonk, MA
- 3rd Place, $500 prize: Vincent Venditti, Price Rite, Johnston, RI
More than 50 Stores, 1 to 6 registers
- No entries were received for this category
The entries were judged based on the creativity of the display, visual appeal and effectiveness in educating shoppers about mangos.
Congratulations to all of the winners!
Companies in this Story
National Mango Board
The board’s mission is to increase awareness and consumption of fresh mangos in the U.S. The NMB works toward this...