Southeastern Grocers Pushes New Demographic Strategy With Fresco y Más Banner
JACKSONVILLE, FL - Jackfruit, root veggies, and all the fresh flavors of the Caribbean islands—these are just a few prongs of Southeastern Grocers latest strategic move. With its banner Fresco y Más, which usually focuses on traditional Hispanic offerings, the retailer is extending outreach to Caribbean shoppers. A new store in Launderhill, Florida, will be designed to cater to the culinary interests of Caribbean customers, including a first-ever produce department tailored to the demographic.
“Listening to our customers, communities, and associates plays a critical role in the evolution of our Fresco y Más banner. Our newest store in Lauderhill is a direct reflection of our customers’ feedback and incorporates the unique needs of this wonderful community,” said company President and CEO Anthony Hucker. “Our newest Fresco y Más store is handcrafted with a wide selection of products tailored specifically to the Caribbean customer as a unique offering for our Lauderhill community.”
As the first Fresco y Más to place a strong emphasis on products targeted to Caribbean customers, Launderhill customers will see a wide array of enhancements that have never been featured at the Fresco y Más banner before. According to a press release, these include highlights such as:
- Refreshed produce department featuring a “farmers market” setting
- Expanded assortment of local fruits and vegetables tailored to Caribbean and Hispanic customers
- New custom façade signage, vibrant yellow color palate, and bilingual store signage
- All-new café serving authentic Caribbean and Hispanic breakfast items
- Newly updated Cocina offering daily specials of freshly prepared Caribbean family favorites
- All-new, full-service Latin Carniceria offering an expanded selection of fresh, custom-cut meats
- Expanded seafood offerings and an added assortment of crab and whole fish
- New bakery department offering an expanded selection of Hispanic, Caribbean, and locally made baked goods
- An “International” aisle featuring more than 1,200 international and Caribbean products organized by country of origin
The Lauderhill store opened Wednesday, December 5, alongside Hucker and Mayor of Lauderhill, Ken Thurston. Will we see more Caribbean-curated Fresco y Más stores as the retailer continues to eye this potentially expansive new strategy? AndNowUKnow will continue to report.