Sysco's FreshPoint Division Announces Opening of New Atlanta Facility
ATLANTA, GA - 2017 marks what looks to be a banner year for Sysco division FreshPoint. The produce distributor is announcing the opening of a new, state-of-the-art distribution center in Atlanta, Georgia. Having officially opened its doors on Saturday, January 21, 2017, this move has been long-awaited and long-in-the-works by the company.
“This facility will allow us the opportunity to support not just the foodservice segment in the South, but also grow our organic and retail programs significantly,” explained Lee Woodham, the President of FreshPoint Atlanta, upon the opening of the new facility.
According to a press release, moving into the 100,000-sq.-ft. facility has taken over a year’s worth of concerted and carefully orchestrated efforts by the company. With a roster of 150 in-facility employees, FreshPoint is confident that the new distribution center will translate to better service and happiness for its customers.
With a location just ten miles south of one of the world’s most-frequented airports, the freshly-opened facility is teaming with the following features:
- Three temp zones for little to no variance
- A 38° shipping/receiving dock to maintain the cold chain for food safety and a longer shelf-life
- An array of new equipment used to improve efficiency and safety
- A doubled FreshCuts processing and production rooms, totaling at 10,000-sq.-ft
- A system that takes waste (core, seeds, skin, etc.) and grinds it for compost—saving fuel and energy, reducing carbon footprint
- FreshPoint Café, a large “catered” break room for employees
- A 24/7“members-only” fitness center with treadmills, elliptical machines, and weights for employees
To learn more details about FreshPoint and its other produce-centric locations, check out www.freshpoint.com.