Fresh Avenue Highlights Fresh-Cut Sector
SANTA MARIA, CA - Both foodservice operators and retailers have had to adapt to new demands and expectations, and fresh-cut has become an increasingly popular category. Over at Fresh Avenue, Scott Bricker, Director of Sales and Partner; Jamie Shipley, Regional Sales Manager; and David Root, Western Regional Sales Manager, penned an update to the industry regarding how the impact of the last nine months has affected foodservice operators and how fresh-cut produce is a critical and relevant solution to sourcing and supply chain.
“Fresh-cut brings customers consistent yields, cost, safety, and product output. We have been a fan of the simplification and ease of mind it brings our customers, and there are many customers big and small that have brought stability to their business by converting to a fresh-cut product,” the team wrote. “The additional benefit our grower/processor GreenGate Fresh delivers is that [all] their supply is dedicated to foodservice. Product is never diverted to commodity, which usually takes priority with other growers/processors.”
In its release, Fresh Avenue highlighted key areas that have been approved as a result of using fresh-cut solutions. The list included:
- Consistency - because it is cut at the source to the customer’s specification, the product received is the very same in location 1 as in location 700. This drives the customer experience with the very same product, simplifies the supply chain, and increases operational efficiency
- Food Safety - cleaned and cut with a grower/processor following rigorous certifications and food safety controls
- Traceability - Fresh Avenue’s fresh-cut items have labeling and QR codes printed on the bag and carton showing location, date, time, and line the product was prepared on
- Sustainability - operators only receive ready-to-use products, significantly reducing kitchen waste. Also, there is about half of the carboard consumed with the packaging of fresh-cut vs. carton or whole product
- Efficiency - efficiency for foodservice operators translates to increasing the kitchen’s output. Less labor is required as the product comes ready to use
- Labor - fresh-cut frees back of house prep as the grower/processor handles the wash and cut process
- Cost - fresh-cut evens out the price and brings more predictability to price
For more information, click here.
ANUK will continue to bring the latest updates pertaining to all things fresh, so stick around.