The Southeast Produce Council Names 2021 Member Scholarship Recipients
MILLEN, GA - Our industry is talented when it comes to mentoring the next generation of produce leaders. One long-term strategy is spearheaded by the Southeast Produce Council (SEPC), which awards annual Member Scholarships for those who have a parent or grandparent who is a corporate member in good standing with SEPC. The association recently named its 2021 recipients, awarding 53 scholarships ($53,000) in total.
Scholarships are awarded to applicants who meet the necessary criteria, which includes the requirement of their family member having attended at least one SEPC event within the last 12 months, as well as being enrolled as a full-time student with a minimum of 12 semester hours. Applicants are able to submit the necessary paperwork, including an essay, to be reviewed by members of the SEPC Scholarship Committee. This year’s essay topic asked applicants to explain how they could do something to make a positive difference in the world as we continue to recover from the pandemic.
SEPC Member Scholarship recipients receive one $1,000 scholarship annually, a press release stated. Past recipients are eligible; however, they must have maintained a 3.0 GPA, and first preference is given to new applicants.
Some of the recipients of the 2021 SEPC Member Scholarship include:
- Recipient - Austin Belknap; Member - Blake Belknap; Company - Rainier Fruit Company
- Recipient - Kennedy Belknap; Member - Blake Belknap; Company - Rainier Fruit Company
- Recipient - Savannah Cook; Member - Brian Cook; Company - Pete’s/Hollandia Produce
- Recipient - Jacob Neill; Member - Leona Neill; Company - Red Sun Farms
- Recipient - Claire Paivarinta; Member - Harold Paivarinta; Company - Red Sun Farms
- Recipient - Carlos Visconti; Member - Carlos Visconti; Company - Red Sun Farms
- Recipient - Chapman Shuman; Member - Mark Shuman; Company - Shuman Farms
- Recipient - Luke Shuman; Member - John Shuman; Company - Shuman Farms
- Recipient - Kaylee Nelsen; Member - Sean Nelsen; Company - Fowler Packaging Company
- Recipient - Kade Adams; Member - Kerry Adams; Company - Rouses
- Recipient - Emma Thomerson; Member - Kevin Thomerson; Company - Lowes Foods
- Recipient - Brady Slate; Member - Craig Slate; Company - SunFed
To see the complete list, please click here.
Congratulations to all of the 2021 recipients!