Basics Market Announces Third Location
PORTLAND, OR - Locally-owned grocer Basics Market has announced an expansion from its humble Portland, Oregon, origins with plans for its third store. Opening its first location just last summer, the Chuck Eggert-founded retailer’s growth is thanks, in part, to its interactive approach to cooking and eating nourishing, locally-sourced meals. Opening in Portland’s Pearl District, the 13,000-square-foot store is set to open in fall of this year, soon after the opening of the company’s second store in Tualatin, Oregon, late this summer.
“Our model exemplifies a next generation grocery built around a commitment to healthy, seasonal eating; recipe and ingredient inspiration; and community driven, educational programming to help people cook nourishing meals at home,” said Basics Market’s Vice President of Operations, Creative Director & Executive Chef, Fernando Divina. “Our team is delighted to bring our concept to life in the Pearl and eager to welcome neighbors before the year is out”
According to a press release, the new store will be geared towards its urban audience, offering several features including a beer and wine bar, fresh deli case, cheese aging observation station, dry cured meats, and, of course, lots of fresh produce.
Other store features include:
- Fresh produce from its founder’s and local Willamette Valley farms, delivered daily
- Monthly rotating meal stations with ingredients organized by chef-developed, nourishing recipes inspired by seasonal and regional products
- A Discovery Kitchen and Nutrition Classroom with state-of-the-art cooking facilities and a full schedule of free classes, including interactive demonstrations, hands-on workshops, and nutrition classes, taught by Basics’ Culinary and Nutrition Mentors
- A protein counter featuring a wide variety of Pacific Northwest meats, poultry, and seafood, as well as dry cured beef, pork, poultry, and plant-based protein options
- An antipasti and deli case featuring fresh grab-and-go roasted organic chickens, sandwiches, salads, and other delicatessen offerings
“We are excited to welcome Basics Market to Lovejoy Square. Their focus on health, sustainability, wellness, and community engagement aligns perfectly with our mission and values at Killian Pacific,” said Adam Tyler, President of Killian Pacific—the commercial real estate company that owns the building. “We believe the Basics experience will activate the local community with fresh ideas, resources, and breathe new energy into the surrounding neighborhood.”
Will the retailer’s third location be the first of many? Will the new store set the tone for future urban retail endeavors? AndNowUKnow will keep reporting.