Costco Reveals Slew of Upcoming Store Openings
ISSAQUAH, WA - With an already impressive presence in the grocery sector, Costco is making another key move to maintain its strong momentum and increase its geographical footprint. The retail chain recently unveiled its latest expansion strategy, with plans to open a host of new store locations over the next several months.
According to BGR, as many as 28 new Costco stores are set to open throughout the rest of this year, with nearly a dozen cutting the ribbon in a matter of months. First up on the grocer’s list is its newest location in Utah, which opens later this month on May 19. Several other locations have already been announced, including some in international markets.
As noted by the source, some other locations include:
- Anjou, Quebec Business Center – June 2022
- North Oshawa, Ontario – June 2022
- Mibu, Japan – July 2022
- St. Augustine, Florida – August 2022
- College Station, Texas – August 2022
- Murrieta, California – August 2022
- Verona, Wisconsin – August 2022
- Auckland, New Zealand – August 2022
- Gimhae, Korea – August 2022
This international expansion blueprint is an obvious continuation of the company’s ongoing growth, as it recently revealed a $3.4 billion gain back in March.
ANUK will continue to track this ambitious expansion, so stay in the know with our latest newsletter.