US Foods Adds 26 New Products, Boosts Sustainable Offerings for 2018 Spring Scoop
ROSEMONT, IL - US Foods is expanding its Spring Scoop line for 2018, highlighting 26 new products from its Serve Good program. And, with consumers and industry members keeping sustainability top of mind, these latest additions to the program are right up the ally of current demands.
"Sustainable menu options are more than a trend, they're a movement that's here to stay. With Serve Good, we are committed to delivering a responsible approach to foodservice while equipping independent restaurants with high-quality products diners will pay a premium for," said Stacie Sopinka, Vice President of Product Development and Innovation. "As we continue to deliver on our Great Food. Made Easy. strategy, our Serve Good portfolio empowers foodservice operators to source a wide variety of food and non-food items that have been carefully developed to help them succeed."
The latest additions span a number of categories—with organic produce items, sustainable seafood, and foodservice tools all in the mix. Amongst the highlighted products are:
- Cross Valley Farms® Organic Fingerling Potato Blend: This first-to-market, versatile Fingerling Potato Blend is USDA-Certified Organic and includes colorful yellow, red, and purple potatoes.
- Devonshire® Premium Banana Chocolate Swirl Cake Made with Rainforest Alliance Certified™ Bananas and Fair Trade Certified™ Chocolate: Inspired by a Minnesota State Fair award-winning recipe, this cake is made with Fair Trade Certified semisweet chocolate and cocoa powder from Callebaut, Fair Trade Certified granulated and powdered sugar, and Rainforest Alliance Certified banana purée.
- Metro Deli® All Natural Prosciutto Raised Without Antibiotics: An artisanal prosciutto made with only pork and Nova Scotian coarse salt and aged for nine months according to centuries-old Italian techniques. Perfect for charcuterie boards, sandwiches, salads, and pizzas.
- Harbor Banks® Coho Salmon: Four-star BAP-certified, this salmon is fed fish protein combined with nutrient dense algae, so it produces more fish protein than it uses while retaining top-quality flavor, texture, and nutrition.
67 percent of consumers state that they would have a better impression of a restaurant that offered sustainable foods, according to a press release, and at least 80 percent of diners say they want to know more about their food sources.
Spring Scoop also features a new partnership with BentoBox. US Foods customers can now receive exclusive discounts and support from BentoBox. Other value-added services, along with further details, can be found here.
Since its initial launch in 2016 with a line of 24 products, US Foods’ Serve Good program has grown to more than 300 versatile products falling into one of the following categories, many coming with third-party certifications:
- Including sustainable seafood
- Animal care
- Responsible disposables or waste reduction
Delivered in packaging developed according to strict standards that help reduce waste and prioritize the use of recycled material, all Serve Good products meet rigorous criteria for responsible sourcing or waste reduction.
Visit the website to learn about the exciting launch.