Walmart Canada Opens New Supercenter in Montreal; Cyrille Ballereau and Francis Llarena Comment
MISSISSAUGA, ONTARIO, CANADA - Shoppers in Canada are welcoming the sight of a state-of-the-art new supercenter in Montreal. Walmart Canada recently announced the opening of its 140,000-square-foot Marché Central Walmart Supercenter, bringing a modern new location to consumers in the region.
“We’re very excited to celebrate the grand opening of Walmart Canada’s newest store in Quebec and in our nationwide chain that includes more than 400 stores,” said Cyrille Ballereau, Vice President of Operations for Quebec, Walmart Canada. “We’re proud to continue to invest in Montreal, create local jobs, support Quebec suppliers, and better serve the local community.”
According to a press release, the Marché Central Walmart Supercentre represents an approximate $20 million investment to better serve the community. It offers a fresh assortment of affordable groceries, including Canadian-grown produce.
Other features of the store include:
- A vast assortment of Quebec-sourced products
- Expansive international food section, including East Asian, South Asian, Middle Eastern, Caribbean, Latin, Italian, and kosher offerings
- Walmart Grocery Pickup and Walmart Grocery Delivery
- Ghost Kitchens, where customers can order from the menus of more than 20 food and beverage companies—including Nescafé, Smokes Poutinerie, YogenFruz, and more
- Sustainable fixtures, including a refrigeration system that uses natural refrigerants and provides heat energy for building HVAC systems; an advanced building automation system for lighting and HVAC systems; and LED lighting throughout the store
“Our associates couldn’t wait to unveil the new store to the community. Along with our store team of more than 300 associates, we’ll work hard to earn their business and their trust,” added Store Manager Francis Llarena. “We want to ensure our customers have the very best shopping experience, whether they shop in-store or online. We know our new customers will be delighted by our bright, modern, easy-to-navigate new store and expanded product offering. It’s an exciting time to work and shop at Walmart!”
Walmart has been serving the province of Quebec since 1994, with 73 stores in the region. Over the past two years, the retailer has invested more than $120 million in Quebec store upgrades. Walmart Canada has purchased approximately $3.5 billion worth of products from more than 480 Quebec-based suppliers over a recent 12-month period.
More details on the expansion can be found here.
For the latest retail updates, leave a tab open for ANUK.