Whole Foods Market Celebrates 500th Store
ATLANTA, GA - Don’t stop Whole Foods Market now, ‘cause it’s having a good time with its new store strategy. After announcing it would be converting all 365 stores into its conventional brand earlier this week, the retailer is already reaping the rewards and hitting new milestones. This week, Whole Foods celebrated its 500th store location, following the opening of its new flagship location in Atlanta.
“We can’t wait to welcome customers into this one-of-a-kind Whole Foods Market,” said Abibou N'Diaye, Store Team Leader. “From its extensive selection of responsibly-sourced, local, and innovative product offerings, to its four unique dining spaces, to its Atlanta-inspired design elements that capture the spirit of the community, we are confident that this store will offer something for a variety of tastes, preferences, and purposes.”
View this post on Instagram
The new location weighs in at 70,000 square feet and boasts the perks only multi-level stores can, like four different fast-casual eateries on four different floors (including a rooftop bar, heck to the yes!). According to a press release, the store also offers the following features:
- Fresh produce department with seasonal fruits and vegetables, selections from regional growers, and an in-store “fruit and vegetable butcher,” offering cut to order fruits and vegetables while customers shop
- Juice bar offering made-to-order smoothies, as well as juice shots and cold-pressed blends
- Hot and cold prepared food bars featuring seasonal dishes and options for special diets, including a salad bar, soup wells, self-serve pizza, sushi from Genji, a sandwich station with made-to-order sandwiches, rotisserie chickens, plant-focused grain bowls, and seasonally rotating culinary popup stations. It will also offer build-your-own avocado toast and lettuce wrap bars
- Meat cutting room featuring full-service ‘old-world’ style butcher services
- Full-service seafood department featuring poke, ceviche, and local oysters
- Bakery Department offering in-house made and locally-produced artisan breads, a variety of desserts including macaron ice cream sandwiches, and items for special diets
- And more locally-sourced, grab-and-go prepared foods, and natural and organic grocery items
The newest Atlanta location, which will employ approximately 350 full- and part-time employees, joins 11 other stores in the metropolitan area.
Congratulations to Whole Foods Market on reaching the big 5-0-0! For more grocery milestones and retail happenings, AndNowUKnow will continue to bring you the latest.