Dole Launches New Themed Recipes and "No-Worry Traditions" Contest Inspired by Disney's The Lion King
WESTLAKE VILLAGE, CA - Dole is looking to be a mighty marketing king (so enemies beware!) with its latest campaign that’s warthogging (get it, like piggybacking? #Pumbaa!) off of the lead up to the release of Disney’s The Lion King. But instead of launching a typical marketing campaign, Dole is making sure its newest consumer promotion—the latest chapter of its “Powering the Hero Within” initiative—is fit for a movie that features the powerful, the pleasurable, the indestructible Beyoncé—wrong movie reference, but oh well!
Dole revealed it is hosting the “No-Worry Traditions Contest,” a unique family traditions contest that will award one fan with a “no-worry” family vacation in Hawaii(!!!). To support the contest, the produce provider has also crafted 10 original, easy, and nutrition- and fruit-and-veg-packed recipes, inspired by The Lion King, its iconic discography, and its cast of characters.
The new recipes were developed by Melanie Marcus, MA, RD, Dole’s Nutrition and Health Communications Manger, with parents, health, and convenience in mind. The recipes include the following:
- Banana Peel the Loaf Tonight, a new take on everyone’s favorite banana bread featuring DOLE® Bananas, avocados, pecans, and rolled oats
- Circle of Life Salad, based on the new DOLE Bountiful Triple Quinoa Kit with DOLE Apples, DOLE Red Onions, walnuts, and sesame seeds
- Dole Suya Skewers, assembled with grilled fruits and vegetables
- Frittata for a King
- Dukkah Crusted Tuna with Kelewele Plantains
- Lion Cub Lunch
- Lion King Cobb Salad
- Peri Peri Spicy Chicken, which tops the new DOLE Bountiful Lentil Cucumber Kit with skinless chicken breasts, nonfat Greek yogurt, and spices
- Pride Rock Peanut Tofu with Broccoli & Tomatoes
- Serengeti Superfood Paleo Pizza, a healthier version of the American staple made with chickpeas, DOLE Sweet Potatoes, DOLE Mushrooms, and DOLE Asparagus
In addition to the recipes, Dole is bringing the circle of life to produce aisles with revamped banana and pineapple packaging that features Simba, Nala, Rafiki, Zazu, Timon, Pumbaa, and more. The “Powering the Hero Within” initiative also offers consumers healthy eating tips and insider scoops from bloggers and influencers.
From July 1 until August 4, consumers and Disney enthusiasts can share their favorite family tradition on social media, with the hashtag #NoWorryTraditions and in accordance with the official rules, to enter the running for a trip to Hawaii. Each week during the contest's run, five winners will receive official The Lion King merchandise, including an official Mighty Roar Simba Interactive Plush Toy from Hasbro, plus a custom Dole hammock so shoppers can fully embrace the Hakuna Matata lifestyle. Of these five winners, one, with the most creative, unique, and sentimental family tradition, will receive the Grand Prize of a five-day, five-night family vacation in Hawaii, that will include the following:
- round-trip airfare
- deluxe accommodations at a luxury resort hotel on Oahu
- the choice of a guided kayak, jeep, horseback, or farm-to-table food tour, or another excursion option at the Kualoa Private Nature Reserve in Kaneohe
- a VIP experience at the Dole Plantation—one of the most-visited attractions in Hawaii—which will allow the winner to create a customized experience from the activities offered at the famous destination, including the Pineapple Express Train Tour, Plantation Garden Tour, Pineapple Maze, and lunch or dinner at the Plantation Grille featuring different variations of the world-famous DOLE Whip plus assorted entrees and desserts based on DOLE Pineapples, according to a press release
Visit www.dole.com/Disney for more information! And for more ways to be prepared for sensational news coming out of the fresh produce industry, stay right here with AndNowUKnow.