The Fresh Produce & Floral Council Kicks off 2021 With New Board Members
ANAHEIM, CA - The new year means new appointments for The Fresh Produce & Floral Council (FPFC) as an annual changing of the guard takes place across its coveted roles. With 2021 underway, the association is welcoming new faces, a new set of Board Members, and bidding thank you and adieu to some amazing industry advocates who will be passing the gavel as well.
2020 Chairman Brian Cook of Pete’s has welcomed Professional Produce’s Sean McClure as the incoming 2021 Chairman of the Board. Traditionally revealed at the FPFC dinner dance, the new position was announced in a different setting this year, but with the same excitement and gratitude.
“While this wasn’t the year I expected it to be, I am beyond grateful for the opportunity to serve the FPFC membership as Chairman. It was challenging and required a lot of creative thinking to drive membership value. It is my sincere hope we delivered under these extraordinary circumstances. I am looking forward to working with Sean and the Board as I continue as Immediate Past Chair,” Brian stated.
Due to COVID restrictions, the dinner dance has been postponed until it is safe to meet in-person once again. Cook will remain on the FPFC Board as the Immediate Past Chair Representative and will also be replacing Andrew Bivens of Westlake Produce Co.
More changes mark this dynamic January as well, according to a press release. Kori Martin of The Oppenheimer Group has been named Chair-Elect, and Kristen Reid of MIXTEC Group has joined the Executive Committee of the Board as Secretary.
Roger Schroeder and Harland Heath will continue to serve as Honorary Past Chairmen as well. Raley’s Michael Schutt will continue to be the Treasurer.
Alfonso Cano of Superior Grocers, Greg Corrigan of United Vegetable Growers Co-operative, Don Gann of Fresh Produce and Floral Council, and Jeffrey McLellan of McLellan Credit Consulting will be retiring from the FPFC Board this year.
And a drumroll please for these incredible announcements as well!
New to the Board of Directors:
- Jacob Cadwallader, Stater Bros.
- Brad Martin, Perimeter Sales & Merchandising
- Neil Merritt, Bard Valley Date Growers
- Michelle Ziegler, Pactiv
Continuing their service as members of the FPFC Board of Directors are:
- Kelly Craner, B&C Fresh Sales
- Natalie J. Machado, FreshSource, LLC
- Mil Mijanovic, Albertsons/Safeway
- Marta Moreno, Rose-Gonzales Plants
- Lynnie Nojadera, FreshSource, LLC
- Bryan Presley, Albertsons/Vons/Pavilions
- Marvin Quebec, Quebec Distributing Co.
- Veronica Rodarte, Progressive Produce, LLC
- Rachelle Schulken, Renaissance Food Group
- Caitlin Tierney, Formerly of 99 Cents Only Stores
- Dannie Timblin, Melissa’s
- Paige Venable, Vallarta Supermarkets
“We are truly grateful to our outgoing Board members who have concluded their service. We thank them for volunteering and dedicating significant time and energy to help this association grow. We also want to congratulate and welcome this new group of members to the FPFC Board. As Chairman for 2021, I am grateful and excited to have this collection of individuals join the FPFC board and bring their unique talents, expertise, and perspectives to the work of the Association and its members,” McClure reflected.
The FPFC February Virtual Retail Panel will also mark the completion of the 2020 FPFC Apprentice Program and these graduating Apprentices will be recognized during the program.
- Ryan Conlon, Progressive Produce, LLC
- Cherie Clark, Fresh Concepts
- Allie Fafard, Frieda’s
- Kyle Griffith, Pete’s/Hollandia Produce
- Kimiya Manshadi, Moonland Produce
- Emma McBride-Taylor, Fresh Produce and Floral Council
- Jennifer Miller, Zespri Kiwifruit
- Malinda Moore, Fresh Concepts
- Ali Romero, Torn & Glasser
- Spencer Smith, Calavo Growers
- Luke Vitanza, Wonderful Sales
- Justin Yates, Grocery Outlet
A huge congratulations to the new faces, changing roles, and retiring leaders that have graced FPFC with their incredible wisdom!