Lineage Logistics Strengthens Industry Leading Temperature-Controlled Facility Network in North America Through Ten Strategic Acquisitions
NOVI, MI - Lineage Logistics is on an aggressive acquisition spree, recently announcing the completion of ten strategic acquisitions in the United States to build on its leading facility network. Over the past eighteen months, Lineage completed strategic domestic acquisitions consisting of 24 locations across core population and food production markets. All of these acquisitions have either been successfully integrated or are on track to be integrated by year-end.
“While we have recently completed a number of international acquisitions, we remain focused on strengthening our U.S. footprint and offering our customers additional capacity and services in key markets,” said Greg Lehmkuhl, President and Chief Executive Officer. “Each of these acquisitions amplifies our existing facility network and the incredible value we are able to provide our customers. We’re also thrilled to welcome many high-caliber teams from across the country to our growing and dynamic family.”
Lineage’s recent acquisition activity in the United States is in response to the growing demand for cold storage, which is supported by strong population growth, changing consumer food preferences, and increasing demand for the services of third-party logistics providers as the food supply chain becomes increasingly complex, according to its press release.
The recent announcement comes on the heels of the company’s acquisition of Henningsen Cold Storage back in June and Ontario Refrigerated Services, which marks Lineage’s entrance into Canada and the launch of its greater North American platform.
Among the assets most recently acquired is Southern Cold Storage, which adds two facilities in Alabama and Louisiana to support customer growth in the Southeast and enhances Lineage’s service offering via its local shuttle services to create a valued packaged solution.
The full list of announced acquisitions include:
- Southern Cold Storage, including two locations in Gadsden, AL, and Baton Rouge, LA
- Allied Frozen Storage, including eight locations in upstate NY
- One net leased location in Salt Lake City, UT
- Professional Freezing Services, including two locations in Bedford Park, IL
- Iowa Cold Storage, including one location in Altoona, IA
- Western Distribution Services, including two locations in WA
- One location in the Port of Seattle, WA
- Two locations from Ryder Logistics in Rochelle, IL, and Milwaukee, WI
- Two locations from NORPAC in OR
- Three net leased locations from Investcorp in Chicagoland, IL
Will we be seeing Lineage Logistics pop up with another expansive growth plan on the table? Keep checking with ANUK as we follow the newswire.