Topco Associates Announces Board of Directors, Pete Van Helden Becomes Chair
ELK GROVE VILLAGE, IL - Topco Associates announced the composition of its 2019 Board of Directors—a group that will be led by new Chairman Pete Van Helden. The 38-year veteran of grocery retail and CEO of Stater Bros. Markets succeeds Chris Coborn, Chairman, President, and CEO of Coborn’s Incorporated, who will remain a member of Topco’s board.
"We are excited to have Pete as the new chairman of Topco’s Board of Directors,” said Randy Skoda, Topco’s President and CEO, in a press release. "Pete brings a wealth of strategic insight and industry knowledge that will help Topco advance its priorities and drive value to the membership.”
Topco’s 2019 board includes the following members:
- Topco Chairman of the Board: Pete Van Helden, Chief Executive Officer, Stater Bros. Markets
- Topco Vice Chairman of the Board: Randy Edeker, Chairman, Chief Executive Officer and President, Hy-Vee, Inc.
- Neal Berube, President and Chief Executive Officer, Associated Food Stores, Inc.
- Brad Brookshire, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Brookshire Holdings, Inc.
- Chris Coborn, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer, Coborn’s Incorporated
- Charlie D’Amour, President and Chief Executive Officer, Big Y Foods, Inc.
- Dave Staples, President and Chief Executive Officer, SpartanNash Company
- Scott Grimmett, President and Chief Executive Officer, Golub Corporation/Price Chopper
- Randy Skoda, President and Chief Executive Officer, Topco Associates, LLC
- Steve Smith, President and Chief Executive Officer, K-VA-T Food Stores, Inc.
For more fresh produce news, keep reading AndNowUKnow.