Wakefern Food Corp. Forges Recipe Partnership with Chicory
NEW YORK - If there’s one thing shoppers love more than good food, it's good recipes to cook that food! Wakefern Food Corp., a retailer-owned cooperative and the merchandising and distribution arm for ShopRite stores, recently announced a partnership with tech company Chicory to expose consumers to new recipes.
“Chicory is proud to partner with Wakefern Food Corp. to bring recipe ingredients to the doors of consumers across the Northeast,” said Yuni Sameshima, Chicory CEO and Co-Founder. “They’ve been incredibly hands-on with our partnership, so it’s clear that they are committed to and believe in driving grocery e-commerce forward through innovative technologies. Wakefern has approached this partnership with the shopper experience as first priority, so we hold their dedication to the partnership and their consumer in high esteem.”
The new partnership will streamline grocery ordering for consumers because the new program will make it easier for shoppers to save recipe ingredients via millions of Chicory-powered digital recipes, according to a press release. Shoppers of the past had to laboriously write down their recipe lists and wander back and forth through the store aisles for the ingredients (raise your hand if this has happened to you). Now, recipe shopping has truly been brought into the 21st century, as ingredients can be directly populated into an online shopping cart at ShopRite, where they can then be picked up at the store or delivered.
The steps are simple:
- Visit any recipe within the Chicory network of 1,000 recipe sites and 3.6 million recipes
- Scroll to the bottom of the recipe ingredients list and click “Get Ingredients”
- Type in your zip code and select ShopRite as your grocery retailer
- A selection of local ShopRite locations will appear; select the best option
- Sign into or register for your shoprite.com account
- Upon login, all recipe ingredients will be pre-loaded into the online shopping cart
- Complete your purchase, selecting either delivery or store pickup (when available) of your recipe ingredients, or use your cart as an in-store shopping list
The partnership will work to boost Wakefern’s e-commerce presence, building on its ShopRite from Home® online shopping platform, and will also build Chicory’s retailer capabilities in the Northeast.
The ShopRite service features associates who personally select food and other items for online orders. Customers then have a choice of picking up their groceries at the store or having them delivered straight to their doorsteps.
For more exciting retail-tech partnerships, keep reading AndNowUKnow.