Wegmans Cuts Prices for Popular Items
ROCHESTER, NY - Some popular offerings are about to get, believe it or not, even more popular, because Wegmans has lowered prices for the first time since 2016 on various items, including including store-brand dairy, produce, grocery, and frozen-food.
The recent price cuts include over 100 products, which represent 500+ varieties of offerings, according to The Buffalo News. Some of the items reflected in the price cut are the following, according to the Rochester-based Democrat & Chronicle:
- 5-pound bags of russet potatoes for $2.99
- A pound of tomatoes on the vine for $1.99
- 22 varieties of Wegmans cereal, 11 to 18 oz sizes, two for $3
- 24 varieties of Wegmans bottled salad dressing, 16 oz size, for $1.29
- 12 varieties of Wegmans frozen pizza, 18 to 32 oz sizes, for $2.99
“For the most part, we have been able to keep prices at the same level since they were lowered in 2016; some of the prices have actually gone down. A couple have gone up,” said Director of Media Relations Jo Natale, according to the former news source.
Amid the throws of competitive and innovative strategies, will the much-loved company’s latest move result in more grocers joining its lead? AndNowUKnow will keep you updated with the latest.