Chair of the Fresh Summit Committee for 2014 Lisa Davis to Give Expo Snapshot
ANAHEIM, CA - With PMA Fresh Summit just around the corner, we are taking a closer look at one industry innovator and someone local to the team here at AndNowUKnow, Lisa Davis, Chair of the Fresh Summit Committee for 2014.
Lisa, who is also the Director of Business Development for Edge Sales and Marketing, will be delivering a message at the October 17th General Session where she will address our industry peers with a snapshot of what they will find at this year's Fresh Summit. PMA has been increasingly focused on global connections and innovations, while also bringing the organization’s resources to the forefront of the industry with greater efficiency and accessibility. Are you new to the show this year? Lisa will also be sharing the 411 on how to tap into the Fresh Summit experience through the show’s array of assets, events and workshops.
“This year, the committee has invested a considerable amount of time and effort in identifying what matters to the industry and what can influence and contribute to the future of the trade and fresh produce consumption,” Lisa tells me. “The general education workshops are a very important part of this year’s show and deliver the most relevant and forward-thinking information available for everyone involved in our industry, across the board. These sessions are personalized to fit multiple member backgrounds. This isn’t just a trade show, but an event that offers so much more.”
The Salinas, California native has been on the committee for the past three years and was Vice Chair in 2013. Now a leading part of Edge Sales, Lisa represents more than 30 industry brands with an expertise in marketing, advertising, and developing new business relationships.
“The Fresh Summit Committee, and the PMA Board of Directors, bring opinions from across the industry. We are not just comprised of individuals from a single sector of fresh produce and we hope to give our industry members a deeper look into the people here and how this organization works,” Lisa notes.
Bryan Silbermann, CEO, Produce Marketing Association, and Cathy Burns, President, Produce Marketing Association will also be addressing the crowd and the state of the industry with insights on PMA initiatives that seek to inspire the ‘Fresh Revolution.”
Lisa is joined by a host of her industry peers on this year’s committee, with Brian Cook from San Miguel Produce also assuming a leadership role as Vice Chair.
Also on the committee are:
- Tom Brugato, Pacific Coast Fruit Company
- Tyler Clear, Organically Grown Company
- Greg Corrigan, Raley's
- Julie DeWolf, Sunkist Growers, Inc.
- Mark Gale, Charleston/Orwig
- Randy Giumarra, Giumarra Vineyards Corporation
- Melinda Goodman, FullTilt Marketing
- Mark Harley, Decade Products LLC
- Paul Kneeland, Kings Food Markets
- Julie Lucido, Marketing Plus
- Luis Moreno Martinez, Grupo PM, S.A. de C.V.
- Megan McKenna, National Mango Board
- Scot Olson, Grocery Outlet, Inc.
- Jennifer Pelayo, Advantage Sales & Marketing
- Loren Queen, Domex Superfresh Growers
- Maria Fernanda Sarmiento, American Non Stop Label
- Tristan Simpson, Ready Pac Foods
- Kim St George, Mann Packing Co., Inc.
- Kevin Steiner, Sage Fruit Company
- Kyle Stone, Ben B. Schwartz & Sons, Inc.
- Brad Wyllie, Litehouse, Inc.
With its finger on the pulse of the fresh produce industry, PMA is promising to bring an elevated experience to the notion of the trade show. Fresh Summit is an event not to be missed. I’ll see you all there!