The Mexican Association of Protected Horticulture (AMHPAC) Prepares to Host its Second Agricultural Social Responsibility Symposium
MEXICO - Our industry always has so much to celebrate, but especially as we move toward the summer season. Applauding the accomplishments of other industry members, the Mexican Association of Protected Horticulture (AMHPAC) will soon host its 2nd Agricultural Social Responsibility Symposium that will take place on March 11 and 12, 2021. At the event, AMHPAC will also provide updated information on issues in the field of social responsibility in order to strengthen the vegetable industry in Mexico.
As we all know well, the coronavirus pandemic has put a halt to many in-person activities, so the association’s event will be held virtually this year. According to a press release, the event will cover a wide array of topics, some of which include:
- Results of the working conditions of workers in export agriculture
- Subcontracting of field workers and the formalization of the employment relationship
- Sustainable innovation
- System of good labor practices and decent work
- Compliance with labor obligations in the T-MEC
- Environmental legislation applicable in agriculture
- General Description of FDA Requirements for Growing, Harvesting, Packing, and Storage of Fresh Agricultural Products
- Regulation of labor intermediaries within the framework of the T-MEC
- Labor contracts
- Walmart Responsible Sourcing Management
- Mandatory standards and policies for hiring personnel applicable to the agricultural sector
The Symposium is primarily focused on Directors, Managers, Coordinators, and Managers with expertise in the area of social responsibility of the agricultural sector. Participants from different states of the Mexican Republic will receive updated information that they can apply in their businesses, thus strengthening and achieving a greater positioning of the company.
Speakers for the event will include:
- Agustin Escobar Latapi, Researcher at CIESAS
- Luz Maria Chombo Tovar, AHIFORES Certification Manager
- Lucia Trochez Ardila, Director, Future of Earth at C-MINDS
- Omar Estefan Fuentes, General Director of Health and Safety at Work of the STPS
- Cooper Swanson, Director - Latin America Responsible Sourcing Compliance at Walmart
- Francisco de Asis Picos, General Director of the company Asesorias & Proyectos, Soluciones Sustentables
- Mauricio Castelo, Produce Safety Expert, Division of Produce Safety U.S. FDA
- Norma Olmedo, Auditor, Instructor and Consultant
- Gustavo Robles, Legal Advisor of the AMHPAC
- Aldo Mares, Vice President of Labor Welfare at CNA
Space is limited, so be sure to register by clicking here if you’d like to attend.
For more industry updates, keep a tab open for ANUK.