Gelson's Markets Promotes John Bagan to President and Chief Executive Officer Alongside Other Executive Changes
ENCINO, CA - A critical leadership appointment has sparked a slew of title changes within the leadership team of Gelson's Markets. Most recently, the retailer announced it has promoted John Bagan to President and Chief Executive Officer as Rob McDougall retires after 15 years with the company.
Stepping into the CEO role, Bagan will assume greater responsibility for the company's overall vision, business, and growth strategy, as well as managing relationships with the Board of Directors and parent company Pan Pacific International Holdings (PPIH), a press release explained. Bagan joined Gelson's as Chief Merchandising Officer in 2016, and has received three promotions in two years, most recently moving from COO into the role of President in July 2022.
Prior to joining the retailer, Bagan held high-level Merchandising and Supply Chain roles at Guitar Center, Albertsons, and Target.
In addition to this appointment, Gelson's has concurrently promoted Rich Gillmore to Vice President of Center Store and Sean Saenz to Vice President, Fresh Foods, while announcing other key title changes to reflect additional responsibilities.
Other title changes featured in the grocer's recent announcement include:
- Clare Bogle is now Chief Financial and Administrative Officer with responsibilities for Finance, Accounting, Accounts Payable, Analytics, Payroll, Risk Management, Legal, and Benefits
- Ron Johnson is now Chief Information and Supply Chain Officer with responsibilities for IT, Supply Chain, and PPIH synergies
- Tom Frattali is now Senior Vice President of Group Synergies, leading Gelson's efforts in group purchasing, supply chain efficiencies, and private label expansion with the parent company
- Paul Kneeland is now Senior Vice President of Merchandising and Sales, with responsibilities for Center Store and Fresh Foods Merchandising
- Tim Mahoney is now Senior Vice President of Operations with responsibilities for Store Operations, Pharmacies, Construction and Maintenance, and Loss Prevention
- Yvonne Manganaro is now Senior Vice President of Customer and Team Experience with responsibilities for Marketing, Human Resources, Team Development, Public Affairs, and Real Estate
Click here to learn more.
Congratulations to Gelson's on the success and growth of its executive ring!