Holloway Celebrates 90 Years in the Produce Industry; Brian Maxted Shares
BAKERSFIELD, CA - In 1932, a powerful company was born at the dawn of the Great Depression, and today, Holloway marks a pivotal moment as it hits its 90th year in business. The company is commemorating this exciting milestone with a host of campaigns, giveaways, and events that honor its success in the agriculture, mining, environmental, and logistics segments.
“We say it all the time at Holloway, but we truly mean it: We do business for tomorrow, not simply for today,” Chief Executive Officer Brian Maxted said. “You don’t last for 90 years in this business unless you put your customers and your community first. Since the company was founded, Holloway has always focused on building those long-term relationships, with farmers, with our partners and community stakeholders, and now with the leaders from the other industries we work in. The company has really come a long way, but in a lot of ways our core values remain the same.”
Some of the campaigns the Central California-based company has launched to celebrate its 90-year anniversary include:
- A 90th anniversary logo, highlighting its years in business (1932–2022) on its iconic red ribbon, along with a tagline representative of the company’s core values: “Experience. Trust. Innovation.”
- A giant 90th logo that can be seen from space at its Lost Hills Mine, showcasing the company’s ag services
- “From the Field” with CEO Brian Maxted video series, interviewing experts from around California about the issues most affecting the ag, environmental, mining and logistics industries
- Slideshows, videos, and Q&As looking back at Holloway’s 90 years in Central California
- Charitable donations and sponsorships to dozens of local organizations, schools, and community groups
“We’re a completely different company today, and while we’re growing rapidly, we cherish our history and where we’ve come from,” Maxted said. “Our products and services have stood the test of time, but we’ll continue to innovate and evolve and bring on new products and services that help our customers grow with sustainable solutions for generations to come.”
As it celebrates this latest milestone, the industry expert has also revealed the retirement of President Vard Terry after 50 years with the company.
To learn more about Holloway’s 90th-anniversary celebration and its long-spanning history, click here.
Keep reading AndNowUKnow for the latest industry updates.