Honeybear® Brands Reveals Success With Multi-Year Sustainability Goals; Don Roper Discusses
ELGIN, MN - One year ago, Honeybear® Brands announced new high-impact sustainability goals to tackle some of the most pervasive challenges within our industry. Having already found success in its multi-year plan, the company recently announced that it is well on its way to accomplishing these sustainability goals.
“Everyone has been working hard to achieve our goals; we pushed hard to both meet our year-one goals and get a head start on many of our long-term objectives,” says Don Roper, Vice President of Sales and Marketing. “Sustainability has always been an important part of Honeybear Brands, and these goals cement our standing as industry leaders while encouraging others to set and achieve their own sustainability goals.”
In partnership with the Sustainable Food Group®, Honeybear Brands defined four key goal areas: pollinator health, packaging, food loss and waste, and climate and energy. According to a press release, Honeybear Brands set five-, 10-, and 20-year goals for implementation.
Some of the highlights of Honeybear Brands’ progress in 2020 include:
- Establishment of 32 percent of 50 acres of pollinator habitat on midwest source orchards
- Certified 12 percent of total company owned-acreage under the TruEarth™ Program
- Sold 42 percent of branded products without plastic packaging
- Diverted 92 percent of food loss from landfills under the company-controlled supply chain
- Sourced 93 percent of facility electricity from renewable power sources such as wind and solar
For the full 2020 sustainability report, please click here.
We at ANUK look forward to the progress ahead!