iFoodDS Optimizes Freshness With Shelf Life Monitoring App; Todd Berg Details
SEATTLE, WA - A recent release has allowed retailers to maximize ROI while simultaneously advancing their sustainability commitments. Bringing new developments to the sector, iFoodDS has launched its new Shelf Life Monitoring Solution, developed to bolster the buy-side by optimizing and monitoring fresh produce freshness for retailers and their distribution center inspectors.
"Consumers are more aware than ever of the impact food waste has on the environment, and they want to see retailers addressing the issue through sustainability efforts. We developed Shelf Life Monitoring as a way to empower retailers to identify the root causes of shrink," said Todd Berg, Vice President of Product Management and Analytics. "The core value of our offering is the insights retailers gain. We take the data they capture on produce shelf-life and show them the larger trends and issues."
iFoodDS' Shelf Life Monitoring can be utilized as a tool to help retailers proactively manage food waste and improve the freshness of their fruits and vegetables. With the help of this solution, grocers can work collaboratively to address the root causes of shrink by sharing valuable insights with their supply chain partners, a press release explained.
The key capabilities of the service include:
- Record fresh produce deterioration over time, up until the end of the anticipated shelf-life period
- Store inspection results in a cloud-based system for instant, secure access
- Compare suppliers, locations, and other factors to identify the root cause of shelf-life issues
- Share insights with suppliers to proactively manage freshness
- Make better sourcing decisions with the help of real-time reports and data benchmarking
- Configure to quality workflows and inspection requirements
- Establish standardized shelf-life audits across all facilities
Shelf Life Monitoring is available as a standalone application or as part of the company's Quality Insights Solution. The mobile applications standardize inspection procedures, while detailed reports and dashboards allow retailers to benchmark performance, improve sourcing, and reduce shrink.
As innovative new launches like this one continue to bolster the fresh produce supply chain, AndNowUKnow will be here to report.