Markon Launches New Website
SALINAS, CA – Foodservice operators looking for innovative usage ideas and the latest information on products and foodservice trends have a new tool at their disposal—the updated Markon.com.
“At Markon, we strive to be the go-to resource for everything produce in foodservice–and the new site is a vital tool to help us achieve this goal,” said President Tim York, in a company press release. “From produce information and practical tools for incorporating produce on menus to detailed information on our food safety standards, the new website arms foodservice operators with the key information they need right at their fingertips.”
According to its press release, the revamped website features a fresh and responsive design suited to a variety of different platforms, from desktop to mobile, and its streamlined navigation allows operators, chefs, and others in the field to quickly and easily find recipes, nutritional information, live-from-the-fields videos, Markon’s reports, and other features.
Features of the website include:
- Updated and simplified search functionality for the product catalog, produce guide, and recipes.
- Fresh Faces of Produce: A section featuring stories of people in the produce scene—farmers, field workers, chefs, foodservice staff and more.
- A Produce Virtual Cooler that demonstrates where in the foodservice cooler to store produce and provides proper temperature and other important information to ensure optimal quality and freshness.
- Menu Inspiration: Including more than 250 fresh produce-based recipes for a variety of cuisines, as well as the latest culinary trends to provide chefs with current and innovative usage ideas.
- Ask a Markon Food Safety Expert and Ask a Markon Chef: An online hotline for those in the foodservice industry to turn to with their produce questions, Food Safety Director Lianna Kelly answers food safety questions, while the company’s member-affiliated chefs answer culinary questions.
For check out the company’s website here. And check in with us at AndNowUKnow for all things fresh.