Viva Fresh Expo Appoints Retail and Foodservice Members to Advisory Board
MISSION, TX – As Viva Fresh Expo 2017 grows on the horizon, the Texas International Produce Association (TIPA) has announced a new Advisory Board to guide in the event’s direction and beyond.
“Our goal is to continue to deliver on implementing a conference and expo that exceeds expectations and provides innovative programs and services,” stated Bret Erickson, TIPA President and CEO. “In order to accomplish this, we felt it was critical that the retail and foodservice attendees weigh-in and offer their valuable insights and advice.”
The annual Viva Fresh Produce Expo will return for its third installment on April 20-22, 2017, in Austin, Texas. So far, according to a press release, Viva Fresh Expo has catered to sold out exhibitor space and hotels, in addition to increasing buyer attendance by over 70 percent.
This year’s Advisory Board, made up of 13 retail and foodservice contacts, will be as follows:
- Matt Reeves, Bus. Development Manager, H-E-B
- Brian Boutin, Bus. Development Manager, H-E-B
- Joseph Bunting, Produce Bus. Director, United Supermarkets,
- Keith Durham, Certified Category Manager - Fresh Foods, Brookshire Grocery Company
- Gary Campisi, Sr. Director, Quality Control, Fresh Grocery Division, Walmart
- Tony Fisher, Director Sourcing, Walmart
- Joseph Soe, Manager of Produce Sourcing, Sobeys, Inc.
- Frank Pagliaro, VP National Produce/Floral Procurement, Loblaw Companies
- Jessica Johnson, Executive Purchasing Coordinator Produce & Floral Southwest Region, Whole Foods Market
- Wes Holcomb, Director of Produce & Dairy, Ben E. Keith
- Greg Rowe, Chief Operating Officer, Hardies Fresh Foods
- Mark Sanders, Senior Manager Strategic Purchasing, FreshPoint
“We’re very excited to make this announcement and have so many be willing to serve. The retail and foodservice attendees are an important component of our event and we want to ensure we’re meeting their needs as well as obtain their guidance to help us grow,” stated Jimmy Bassetti, President of J&D Produce and Chairman of the Viva Fresh Expo Steering Committee.
Year after year, Viva Fresh continues to focus both on networking and education of critical issues through technology, expert speakers, and experiential learning.
For more information, or to register online, visit the Viva Fresh website here. Registration for retail and foodservice buyers is free, with a travel stipend. This year’s event will take place at the Austin Convention Center and Hilton Hotel.
As all news Viva Fresh continues to be unveiled, AndNowUKnow will have all the latest.