Dole Expands Healthy-Living Initiative Celebrating Disney and Pixar's New Movie Soul
CHARLOTTE, NC - The connection between food and soul is unmatched, and the recent partnership between Dole and Pixar’s Soul attests to that. Launching new banana stickers, recipes, and social media marketing, Dole is upping the stakes in grabbing consumer attention with fresh produce.
Starting February 22 and continuing through April, Dole, Disney, Pixar, and produce enthusiasts will find a new set of commemorative stickers featuring Joe Gardner with Mr. Mittens, 22, Dorothea Williams, Miho, and Curly from Soul on millions of DOLE® Bananas in supermarkets across North America. Meanwhile, a series of social media posts and blogger partnerships will spotlight the relationship between music, food, and cooking using a dozen favorite Dole recipes.
Melanie Marcus, MA, RD, Dole Nutrition and Health Communications Manager, has selected some of the most popular Dole entrees, soups, salads, sides, smoothies, and desserts, as well as five all-day pizzas that pay homage to Joe Gardner’s love for pizza.
According to a press release, these recipes include the following:
- Winter Solstice Soup – A symphony of fresh vegetables including DOLE Cauliflower, Sweet Potatoes, Celery, Carrots, and White Onion
- Gluten-Free Veggie Pasta Bake – Blend of Dole fresh vegetables, chickpea penne pasta, marinara sauce, and assorted cheeses
- Festive Desert Pizza – Whole-wheat flatbread topped with DOLE Tropical Gold® Pineapple, Strawberries, Raspberries, and melted dark chocolate chips
- Spiced Pineapple Tarte Tatin – DOLE Tropical Gold Pineapple is mixed with vegan buttery spread, honey, and Chinese five-spice powder and then baked to golden perfection
- Vegan Chocolate-Banana Cream Tart – DOLE Bananas, dates, silken tofu, vegan unsweetened cocoa powder, and gluten-free old-fashioned rolled oats come together to form this surprisingly healthy and indulgent treat
- Charred Sweet Potato, Chickpea & Bacon Caesar Salad – DOLE Sweet Potatoes are lightly charred and tossed with DOLE Red Onion, chickpeas, hemp hearts, and DOLE. Chopped Bacon Caesar Kit
- Right Note Smoothie – DOLE Blueberries, Blackberries, Bananas, Pineapple, Spinach, almond milk, and old-fashioned rolled oats
- Loaded Banana Bread – An inspired version of everyone’s favorite recipe made with almond milk, pecans, and a resounding five ripe DOLE Bananas for big banana flavor
- Thai Spicy Shrimp Pizza with Cauliflower Crust – DOLE Red Onion, Tropical Gold Pineapple, Slawesome!™ Mango Siracha Kit, and cucumber with tail-off peeled shrimp on a make-it-yourself DOLE Cauliflower crust
- Serengeti Superfood Paleo Pizza – DOLE Mushrooms, Asparagus, chickpeas, walnuts, and harissa sauce top homemade crusts made with DOLE Sweet Potatoes, arrowroot, and egg in this Africa-influenced plant-based favorite
- Dole Snow-Flower Pizza – Joe might love this unique take on Italian pie consisting of DOLE Cauliflower, Mushrooms, White Onion, Russet Potato, Organic Baby Spinach and Arugula, and fat-free ricotta cheese on gluten-free cauliflower crust
- Sunrise Pizza – Whole-wheat waffles topped with nonfat Greek yogurt and DOLE Bananas, Mandarin Oranges, and Blueberries
The expanded program caps Dole’s year-long 2020 tribute to Pixar Animation Studios that included story-based campaigns themed to Monsters, Inc. and Ratatouille.
We’ll be here to report on the latest in partnerships between produce and entertainment, so stick around.