Dole Releases 10 Marketing Tips for Retailers to Drive Produce Department Traffic
CHARLOTTE, NC - Dole’s recent rollout of recipe hacks is a boon for the buy-side, as it’s a merchandising and marketing paradise. With 10 recipes and recipe hacks—all of which drive shoppers to the fresh department—the produce purveyor is making sure it’s retail that wins big.
Now that National Nutrition Month is officially upon us, it’s time for the industry to go into maximum overdrive and really pump up the benefits of our beloved fruits and veggies. According to a citation via Dole’s press release, the USDA Dietary Guidelines for Americans 2020—2025 advises adults to eat between five and 13 servings of fruits and vegetables a day.
However, this can seem daunting for many shoppers, but never fear—Dole is here. Culled from its extensive web-based library of fruit-and-vegetable-based recipes, Dole’s 10 top recipe suggestions seek to improve overall nutritional health while arming consumers with globally inspired flavors, ingredients, and entrée and side dish choices.
Dole is supporting its first set of National Nutrition Month recipes, which target breakfast and lunch, with a social media and video campaign that also suggests healthier alternatives to popular dishes like pizza and pasta.
Below are several of the recipes, so be sure to take notes. I’ve got my eye on a certain egg bowl—and I know consumers would love to see suggestions for meals across the produce department!
- Not Your Everyday Smoothie. Plantains and Sweet Potatoes as a morning pick-me-up? Dole’s Pineapple, Plantain, and Sweet Potato Smoothie makes it a tasty, low-fat possibility. (20 min. total prep time; 6 ingredients; Vegetarian and Gluten-Free)
- A Fresh Take on a Childhood Favorite. This One Pot Broccoli Cauliflower Cheddar Chickpea Mac sneaks an extra veggie into the sauce. (30 min. total prep time; 12 ingredients; Vegetarian and Vegan)
- Stir-Fry Satisfaction. Make your own takeout with this Lemon-Ginger Spring Vegetable Sir-Fry featuring DOLE® asparagus, carrots, broccoli, baby spinach, Tropical Gold® pineapple, and strawberries. The quinoa provides a high-protein substitute for rice. (30 min. total prep time; 14 ingredients; Vegetarian and Vegan)
- Set it and Forget It. Yes, it takes 3 ½ hours in the slow-cooker, but this Pineapple Braised Slow Cooker Chicken with DOLE bell peppers, red onion, and pineapple couldn’t be easier. (3.5 hour total prep time; 10 ingredients)
- Plant-based Pasta without the Pasta Hangover. This Stewed Cauliflower Lentils over Spaghetti Squash satisfies the cold-weather craving for pasta without the pasta hangover. (45 min. total prep time; 9 ingredients; Vegetarian, Vegan and Gluten-Free)
- Friday Fish Sticks Were Never Like This. These Breaded Salmon Nuggets with Spinach Cashew Dip feature a plant-based dip to keep dinner hands-on, healthy, and fun. (35 min. total prep time; 13 ingredients)
- Savory and Sweet with Aloha. Dole’s Hawaiian-Style Fried Cauliflower Rice adds Island flair to an already-trendy dish. (40 min. total prep time; 12 ingredients; Vegetarian, Vegan and Gluten-Free)
- 10-min Gazpacho. Just empty the non-garnish ingredients of the DOLE Southwest Salad Kit into a blender, add vegetable juice, and blend to create Southwestern Gazpacho. Then watch it disappear. (10 min. total prep time; 6 ingredients; Vegetarian)
- Go Big for Breakfast. Take advantage of 2020 research suggesting that a big breakfast can help you burn more calories throughout the day with this 6-Minute Egg Breakfast Bowl. (35 min. total prep time; 10 ingredients; Vegetarian and Gluten Free)
- Just Desserts in the Morning. This Breakfast Banana Split with DOLE bananas, blueberries, low-fat Greek yogurt, and almond butter can’t wait for later. (10 min. total prep time; 10 ingredients; Vegetarian)
Get ready for increased traffic! AndNowUKnow will be here to report on additional marketing hacks.