Measure to Improve's Nikki Rodoni Joins Think Beyond Plastic™ Advisory Board
MONTEREY, CA - Industry sustainability advocate and Measure to Improve CEO Nikki Rodoni has joined the Advisory Board of an influential global leader in advancing solutions to plastic pollution this week. Rodoni will now be part of the newly established Board for Think Beyond Plastic™, joining the likes of Mann Packing’s Gina Nucci, Driscoll’s Scott Komar, and other top sustainability influencers in the produce industry and beyond.
“It is such an incredible honor to be asked to join the Advisory Board of Think Beyond Plastics,” Rodoni shared with me. “This opportunity to collaborate with a dynamic group of leaders searching for new alternatives to plastics couldn’t have come at a better time, as we help our clients reduce their use of plastics on their journey to achieving Zero Waste.”
Comprised of thought leaders, elected officials, scientists, executives, community leaders, and representatives of academic institutions, the Advisory Board is committed to research and innovation with focus on plastic pollution. In collaboration with Sam Farr, Former Congressman of CA-20, and California State University at Monterey Bay, Think Beyond Plastic has also begun work on the Sam Farr Innovation Center for the New Plastics Economy, according to a press release.
“The Sam Farr Innovation Center for the New Plastics Economy is a bold undertaking,” said Daniella Russo, CEO of Think Beyond Plastic. “Industry advice and guidance is essential in accelerating solutions, and so is the need for global attention to the needs of the innovation ecosystem, including transformative public policies, investment, public-private partnerships, and incubating early stage innovation.”
The new Advisory Board’s member’s now will include the following, according to a press release:
- Hon. Sam Farr, Congressman (ret.), CA-20
- Hon. John Laird, State of California, Secretary for Natural Resources
- Charles Baxter, Distinguished Professor, Stanford University (ret.)
- Susie Brusa, CEO, Rancho Cielo Youth Campus
- James Copeland, Founder, CJ Lake LLC
- David Epel, Ph.D., Distinguished Professor, Stanford University (ret.)
- Hon. Zach Friend, Supervisor, Santa Cruz (CA) County, District 2
- Kent Glenzer, Ph.D., Dean, School of International Policy and Management, Middlebury Institute for International Studies at Monterey
- Paul Kephart, CEO, Principal Ecologist and Designer, Rana Creek
- Scott Komar, Senior Vice President, Global R&D, Driscoll's
- Andrew Morlet, CEO, Ellen MacArthur Foundation
- Ramani Narayan, Ph.D., Distinguished Professor, Michigan State University
- Gina Nucci, Director of Corporate Marketing, Mann Packing Company
- David Rapaport, Vice President, Earth and Community Care, Aveda
- Nikki Rodoni, Founder and CEO, Measure to Improve, LLC
- Lawrence Samuels, Ph.D., Senior Advisor to the President, California State University at Monterey Bay
- Scott Schienvar, Vice President Operations, Americas L’Oréal
- Les Strnad, Coastal Zone Management Advisor, California Land Planning
- Peter Thurlow, Partner, Polsinelli Law Firm
- Nancy Zweng, Managing Director, Golden Seeds, Inc.
For more on moves towards sustainability affecting the produce industry and beyond, keep checking in with AndNowUKnow.