Sinaloa Encanta Foundation's Eduardo Leyson Discusses 2017 Event
SINALOA, MEXICO - Looking to embrace the rich and diverse agriculture of Sinaloa, Mexico? If you are, then mark your calendars for Sinaloa Encanta 2017. With the event to be held this year at Rancho Grande in Culiacan, the excitement and anticipation of this 3rd annual show is continuing to grow as we quickly approach the March 9-10 schedule. And register is still open! With 40% growth over the past year in attendance, time is quickly running out.
“Our major goal is to offer the attention, comfort, and certainly the knowledge, that comes with an event showcasing the diverse cultural landscape of Northwestern Mexico. This year, expect a blend of gastronomical abundance, regional music, and festivities that will carry attendees through the night,” Eduardo “Tano” Leyson, President of the Board of Sinaloa Encanta Foundation, shared with me. “This will be an experience to remember.”
This event will bring more than 21 of the best restaurants in Sinaloa to the event, as well as growers across various categories who will be exhibiting their produce portfolios and innovations. Sinaloa Encanta is expecting more than 900 industry members from producers, buyers, foodservice operators, association members, and even the general public to converge on Culiacan to celebrate and connect with Sinaloa’s strong agro-industry.
“Between the fertile growing regions of Sinaloa, rich culture, and strong focus on growing practices, this region’s impact reaches far and wide. This event has been made possible and successful through the dedication and valuable participation of the those that currently serve as sponsors and exhibitors,” Eduardo added.
An endless number of experiences await you with the best wines of Baja California, the most distinguished winemakers, and winery owners, as well as artisan brewers to further tease the palate. Lupita D'Alessio, singer and actress, will be in concert along with an entire day full of talent with the soul and the feeling of Sinaloa, Mexico.
This year, along with the ample marketing opportunities with brand representatives and reputable growers from the state and beyond, Sinaloa Encanta will also have some well-known personalities to engage in dialogue from politics to planting:
- Governor of Sinaloa, Quirino Díaz Ordaz
- Mayor of Culiacán, Jesús Valdéz
- Director of Financial National of Agricultural, Rural, Forestry and Fisheries Development (FND), Mario Zamora Gastélum
- Business Coordinating Council (CCE), Juan Pablo Castañón
- President of the Mexican Olympic Committee (COM), Carlos Padilla Becerra
- President Phoenix Metro AEM, Cesar F. Verduzco
- President of AMHPAC, Oscar Woltman
- President of Fresh Produce Association of the Americas (FPAA), Lance Jungmeyer
- Director of Industry Relations at Texas International Produce Association (TIPA), Hector Garza
- And many other entrepreneurs in the agricultural, meat, grain, and services sector
A greater focus on attracting representatives from the international buying community has garnered a number of large companies from throughout the continent as well and includes:
- Burnac Produce - Woodbridge, ON
- Dandrea Produce – Vineland, NJ
- MAS Melons & Grapes – Nogales, AZ
- Double Diamond Acres – Leamington, ON
- J&J Family of Farms – Nogales, AZ
- Del Fresco Produce – Kingsville, ON
- Star Produce US – Nogales, AZ
- BC Hothouse – Vancouver, BC
- Ideal Harvest – Nogales, AZ
- SiCar Farms – McAllen, TX
- Marengo Foods – Dallas, TX
- Wilson Produce – Nogales, AZ
- JC Distributing – Nogales, AZ
- Fresh Farms – Nogales, AZ
- Nature Fresh Trading – Los Angeles, CA
Congrats to the team behind Sinaloa Encanta on cultivating such a wonderful event and to those lucky enough to call Culiacan an upcoming destination, enjoy!
Companies in this Story
The Sinaloa Encanta Foundation hosts the annual "Sinaloa Encanta" event, aimed at displaying and promoting the...