T&G Global's Envy™ Apples Boost Sales During Holiday Season; Cecilia Flores Paez Discusses
LOS ANGELES, CA - Each of the sparkling red and gold ornaments that currently decorate my Christmas tree tend to make my mouth water. Not because I am part Grinch and have an affinity for glass, but because they emulate the eye-catching appearance of Envy™ apples. Thanks to significant investments in campaigns and other efforts to boost brand awareness, the premium variety remains the best-selling apple brand this holiday season.
“Envy apples are a consumer favorite all year round, and with their exceptional quality, balanced sweetness, crisp crunch, and beautiful red color, the holidays are a natural time for them to stand in the spotlight,” Cecilia Flores Paez, T&G Global Head of Marketing for North America commented. “Our highly visible, strategic campaigns reach shoppers where they are and when they are making their purchase decisions. We are pleased to support holiday sales and drive shoppers to stores with Envy at the top of their shopping lists.”
The iconic apple variety is marketed by Oppy, CMI Orchards, and Rainier Fruit Company. In Q4 2021, the apple got a head start as a fan-favorite holiday offering due to its high-impact promotions, according to a press release. Further boosting the beloved brand, T&G Global has also engaged consumers in a nationwide omnichannel holiday campaign spotlighting the variety as “The Ultimate Holiday Apple.”
The multifaceted campaign highlights the premium apple in a variety of ways:
- From October 22 through December 26, Envy apples are being featured in conjunction with Hallmark Channel’s “Countdown to Christmas,” the network’s annual series of all-new original holiday films
- Envy is a leading sponsor of Hallmark Channel’s Very Merry Giveaway, which has to date reached over 60 million page views and received more than 31 million entries
- Envy is also being promoted in key market areas via geo-targeted YouTube pre-roll advertising, radio, and billboards that drive shoppers to stores
- PR activities promoting a series of Envy holiday recipes have earned over 325 million impressions to date
- In-person retail sampling and Envy experiential marketing add product trial to the mix this year with high-profile community events and holiday activities
- Influencer engagement and television appearances include new seasonal recipes by The Produce Moms and holiday entertaining tips by renowned dietitian Annessa Chumbley
The Envy apple 2 lb holiday pouch bags and digital and physical POP materials promote the Very Merry Giveaway sponsorship with striking graphics, and a custom QR code takes shoppers to an online hub where they can enter for a chance to win daily prizes, access tasty snack recipes, or locate Envy apples in stores nearby.
If the holiday spirit is alive and well in your produce department, keep it flourishing with this coveted variety all season long.