Baldor Specialty Foods Implements Organizational Strategy, Shakes Up Executive Leadership Team
BRONX, NY - In a move to tighten up the organization of one of the eastern United State’s largest produce distributors, Baldor Specialty Foods has announced a comprehensive restructuring plan that will see several personnel changes and additions. Effective immediately, the new organizational structure was announced at a time when the company’s new 100,000-square-foot facility expansion at Hunts Point will be completed. The expansion is expected to create 350 new jobs.
“We are launching a comprehensive restructuring plan that reflects the growth Baldor’s experienced over the last year, growth that’s required us to dramatically expand our headquarters facility in Hunts Point and growth that calls for a new structure that will make our business more efficient for our customers,” CEO TJ Murphy said.
The following list includes existing employees that will be taking on new roles under the restructuring plan, as well as Baldor’s latest hires:
- Gene Mayer is promoted to Senior Vice President of Procurement. He was previously Vice President of Procurement.
- Glenn Messinger is promoted to Vice President of Branch Operations. He was previously General Manager of Baldor Boston.
- Alan Butzbach is promoted to Vice President of NY Operations. He was previously Vice President of Continuous Process Improvement.
- Benjamin Walker is promoted to Vice President, Sales, and Marketing. He was previously Senior Director of Marketing & Business Development
- Thomas McQuillan is promoted to Vice President, Corporate Strategy, Culture, and Sustainability. He was previously Director of Food Service Sales and Sustainability.
- Jon Hansburg is promoted to Director of Food Service Sales. He was previously Senior Sales Executive.
- Kenneth Bower is promoted to Director of Procurement for Commodity Vegetable. He was previously a Senior Buyer.
- Lou Terrulli is to Director of Procurement for Commodity Fruit. He was previously Director of Purchasing.
- Emily Murphy is promoted from Category Specialist Manager to Director of Specialty Procurement.
- Patrick Ahern is promoted from Buyer to Director of Pricing. Ahern is known as Produce Pat on Baldor’s popular YouTube series.
- Leigh Denardo joins Baldor as Director of Marketing. Denardo was previously with Whole Foods Market where she was Executive Director of Marketing for the North East Region.
- Christopher Tella joins Baldor as Customer Experience Manager. Tella was previously a Large Enterprise Senior Client Advisor for Blue Wolf, an IBM Company.
- Joe Carrico joins Baldor as Vice President of Human Resources & Safety. Carrico was previously VP of Human Resources & Safety at Newell Recycling.
“With this restructuring plan, we now have a solid management team that’s ready to take Baldor to its next level of growth,” said President Michael Muzyk. “This allows me to continue with my Board position at United Fresh and its important work, including food safety, Government Policy, and getting fruits and vegetables into the hands of children through its school salad bar initiative.”
With this many changes to Baldor’s executive playbook, it will be interesting to see what this means for the world of fresh produce on the East Coast and in the Mid Atlantic. AndNowUKnow will continue to report.