California Table Grape Commission Celebrates Growers Awarding Seven Scholarships
FRESNO, CA - Brick by brick, the foundation for the future of the table grape industry is being laid. Investing in several promising students in grape growing regions across the state, California’s table grape growers recently awarded seven scholarships to support their future studies.
Since 1995, California table grape growers have presented nearly 170 scholarships to help students attend college, noted a press release from the California Table Grape Commission. To qualify, the applicant or parent or guardian must work in the California table grape harvest.
Three field worker scholarships of $25,000 were awarded to students attending four-year universities, in addition to a $14,500 bridge field worker scholarship. The commission also presented three agricultural scholarships for four years of university study in an ag-related field, the press release explained.
The following students were awarded scholarships this year:
- Johanna Arreola - $14,500 Bridge Field Worker Scholarship
- Daniela Carrillo - $25,000 Four-Year Field Worker Scholarship
- Fernanda Sevilla - $25,000 Four-Year Field Worker Scholarship
- Gustavo Valenzuela - $25,000 Four-Year Field Worker Scholarship
- Enrique Carrillo - $25,000 Agricultural Scholarship
- Michaela Maderos - $25,000 Agricultural Scholarship
- Clarisse Tracy - $25,000 Agricultural Scholarship
Congratulations to all of the scholarship winners! For the latest news in the fresh produce industry, keep checking back with ANUK.