Center for Produce Safety Receives International Association for Food Protection Food Safety Award
WOODLAND, CA - The International Association for Food Protection (IAFP) recently announced the winners of its coveted awards, highlighting organizations that are going above and beyond for our industry. Considered a leader in our industry, the Center for Produce Safety (CPS) was aptly named as the winner of IAFP’s Food Safety Award.
“CPS is proud to receive the International Association for Food Protection Food Safety Award,” said Bonnie Fernandez-Fenaroli, Executive Director, in a statement sent to ANUK. “CPS is built upon collaboration in its most solid form to assure our public that the produce industry takes the importance of strong food safety programs seriously. This recognition represents the efforts of many who provide funding, time, and talent.”
The Food Safety Award is presented to a group or organization for highly significant food safety development or in recognition of a long history of outstanding contributions to food safety. IAFP, a member-based association, is composed of professionals committed to Advancing Food Safety Worldwide® by providing a forum to exchange information on protecting the food supply.
As noted in a release from CPS, several of the organization’s Board members were also recognized for their contributions. They include:
- Honorary Life Membership Award: Mickey Parish, Ph.D., Past CPS Technical Committee
- Larry Beuchat Young Researcher Award: Laura K. Strawn, Ph.D., CPS-Funded Scientist
- CPS Travel Grant Award: Ewen C.D. Todd
- Control of Foodborne Illness Award: Craig W. Hedberg, Ph.D., CPS Board Member
- Ivan Parkin Lecturer: Robert B. Gravani, Ph.D., CPS Technical Committee
- Food Safety Innovation Award: Stacy Stoltenberg, CPS Technical Committee
- Student Travel Scholarship: Jiyoon Yi, Post Doc CPS-Funded Scientist with Dr. Nitin Nitin
The recipients of the IAFP Awards, Travel Awards, and Student Travel Scholarships will be recognized at IAFP 2021 in Phoenix, Arizona, taking place from July 18–21.
Congratulations to CPS and all of the distinguished leaders who were recognized!