Dole Food Company Kicks Off Dragon Fruit Program; Nelson Montoya Comments
CHARLOTTE, NC - An enticing, exotic offering is coming to consumers across the western United States and Canada as a result of Dole Food Company’s latest launch. Say hello to the DOLE® Dragon Fruit!
“Dole is constantly responding to market demands with its innovative product offerings,” stated Nelson Montoya, President of Dole Fresh Fruit North America. "We are excited to bring the incredible flavors and health benefits of Dragon Fruit to households across the western U.S. and Canada. This exotic fruit aligns perfectly with Dole’s dedication to providing our customers with the very best in fresh produce."
This launch is perfectly timed, as 2024 marks the Year of the Dragon according to the Chinese calendar. As a press release noted, DOLE Dragon Fruit, a visually captivating and nutritionally rich delicacy, is poised to tantalize taste buds and foster health and well-being for countless fruit enthusiasts across North America.
The newest addition to DOLE’s North American portfolio is grown in Ecuador under ideal conditions and is meticulously cultivated to meet the producer’s rigorous quality standards. The supplier also imports the product in atmosphere-controlled containers, resulting in minimized dehydration of the fruit.
Also referenced as pitaya, this exotic fruit has become increasingly popular in recent years for its various benefits, including:
- Rich in Antioxidants: Dragon fruit is loaded with antioxidants like vitamin C, which help protect the body against free radicals and promote healthy skin
- Low in Calories: Dragon fruit has just 60 calories and 3 g of fiber per serving
- High in Fiber: Dragon fruit is a good source of dietary fiber, providing 3 g per serving
- Vitamin-Packed: Dragon fruit is packed with essential vitamins like vitamin B, vitamin B12 (cobalamin), and iron, which contribute to overall well-being and energy
- Hydrating: With its high water content, dragon fruit helps keep you hydrated, especially in warm climates
- Deliciously Unique: Dragon fruit’s sweet and mildly tangy flavor with tiny edible black seeds provides a delightful and unique taste experience
Continue reading about the latest product launches with more updates straight from ANUK!