Dole Food Company Shares Healthier Cake Recipes in Honor of September Birthdays; Melanie Marcus Comments
CHARLOTTE, NC - Besides marking the beginning of fall here in the Northern Hemisphere, September is also recognized as the most popular birth month of the year, and what is a birthday without cake? In honor of the tens of millions of Americans celebrating their birthdays this month, Dole Food Company has shared a slew of healthier cake recipes as part of its “Healthier by Dole” recipe series.
“At Dole, we don’t want you to miss out on celebrating your birthday with a cake just because you’re trying to eat healthy or follow a special diet,” said Melanie Marcus, RD, MA, Dole’s Nutrition and Health Communications Manager. “Whether you’re turning nine or 90 this month, we have a healthier, and still surprisingly indulgent, birthday cake for you.”
Celebrating September babies, Dole has rolled out eight original recipes that are chock-full of fresh fruits and vegetables as well gluten-free, low-sodium, and/or dairy-free, according to a release.
- Birthday Pudding Mug Cake (Vegetarian and Non-Dairy)
- Fruit Layer “Cake” with Orange-Vanilla Aquafaba Whip (Vegetarian and Non-Dairy)
- Cocoa Raspberry Banana Mug Cake (Vegetarian, Gluten-Free and Low-Sodium)
- Bananas Foster Upside-Down Cake (Vegetarian, Low-Sodium, and Non-Dairy)
- Provincial Pineapple-Banana Bundt Cake (Vegetarian and Low-Fat)
- Fresh Pineapple Upside-Down Cake (Vegetarian and Non-Dairy)
- Healthier Carrot Cake (Vegetarian and Low-Fat)
- Blackberry Cheesecake (Vegetarian and Low-Sodium)
According to birth data from the National Center of Health Statistics and the Social Security Administration, more Americans celebrate their birthday on September 9 than any other day of the year. Likewise, nine of the 10 most common birthdays fall between September 9 and 20, meaning that now is the perfect time to start cross-merchandising the ingredients for these tasty cakes to not only help your shopper celebrate their special days but capitalize on this potential sales spike.
As Dole continues its ongoing recipe series, offering prime marketing opportunities, AndNowUKnow will share the latest.