Kroger and Home Chef Kick Off Nationwide Retail Rollout
CINCINNATI, OH, & CHICAGO, IL - Kroger and Home Chef recently announced the launch of weekly rotating in-store meal kits at select Kroger Family of Stores locations. In addition, the company will roll out a limited market test of the new Home Chef Express product, a quick-cook meal kit ready to eat in about 15 minutes. Kroger and Home Chef offer variety and convenience to customers with the launch of these new in-store offerings, providing customers with an on-demand solution for tonight's dinner.
Home Chef's meal kits will first be available at select locations in Illinois at Mariano's and in Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio, and Wisconsin at Pick 'n Save and Metro Market. According to a company press release, Kroger anticipates rolling out Home Chef meal kits to additional markets in 2019.
"We are excited to introduce Home Chef's new retail meal kits to our store customers," said Robert Clark, Kroger's Senior Vice President of Merchandising. "Offering a rotating menu of recipes is one more way we are providing our customers with innovative culinary experiences and choices. The Home Chef meal kits will redefine the way customers shop for, prep, and cook their meals."
Each week, there will be four Home Chef meal kit options available in participating store locations. The same recipes will also be available to customers through homechef.com, where shoppers will find even more weekly variety.
"We've built a strong business helping people plan their meals in advance. We also know there are customers who want the convenience of a Home Chef meal, without having to plan ahead," said Pat Vihtelic, Home Chef's Founder and CEO. "We're excited to take this first step in revolutionizing mealtime by bringing Home Chef's signature variety and great-tasting meals directly to Kroger customers. We are also looking forward to introducing our new line of Home Chef Express meal kits that address a major customer need—faster meals."
The in-store meal kits will include Home Chef's fresh, pre-portioned ingredients and recipes that are easy to prepare and guaranteed to delight everyone around the table.
Home Chef Menu (Illinois, Ohio, and Wisconsin)
- Week of 10/8 - Brasserie-Style Sirloin Steak, Breaded Italian Chicken, Blue Cheese and Smoked Almond Pork Chop, Adobo Chicken Enchiladas
- Week of 10/15 - Steak Strip Marsala Risotto, Chicken Chimichangas, Chimichurri Pork Tenderloin, Prosciutto and Sage Linguine
- Week of 10/22 - Steak Strip Chimichangas, Teriyaki Chicken Thighs with Smoked Almonds, Maple-Glazed Pork Tenderloin, Turkey Burrito Skillet
Home Chef Express Menu (Kentucky, Michigan, and Ohio)
- Week of 10/8 to w/o 10/15 - Acapulco Steak Tacos, Mongolian Meatballs, Chicken Alfredo, Honey Butter Pork Chop
- Week of 10/15 - Steak Stroganoff, Chicken Fajitas, Pork Spring Roll Bowl, Beef Chili
Each meal serves two and starts at $8.50 per serving. Information about participating locations is available at homechef.com/grocery.