Kroger Opens Its First-Ever Food Hall, On The Rhine Eatery
CINCINNATI, OH - Kroger announced its daring new food hall concept several months ago, but for Cincinnatians the wait is over, as the retailer has finally opened the highly-anticipated new store. The retailer’s first-ever food hall, dubbed On The Rhine Eatery, is located in downtown Cincinnati, taking up two stories and 52,000 square feet.
"Kroger is thrilled to introduce our first food hall and offer a one-of-its-kind shopping experience in our hometown of Cincinnati, providing a convenient location to experience delicious, quality meals and foods. This innovative destination highlights Kroger's food-first culture," said Rodney McMullen, Chairman and CEO. "Kroger's new store offers something for everyone. We invite all to visit the store to meet our wonderful associates, shop for fresh groceries, and discover their new favorite restaurant."
Located in downtown Cincinnati, about a block away from the retailer’s national headquarters, the food hall is set to attract urban workers and residents, who are eager to partake in the retailer’s foodservice offerings. The two-level food hall features a traditional Kroger grocery store with fresh produce, grab-and-go meals, ready-to-heat meals, and more. But it is the dining experience featuring numerous regional favorites that consumers are most excited about.
"On The Rhine Eatery features emerging restaurants and true tastes of Cincinnati—all hand-picked by Kroger's culinary team to create a popular hangout for meals, cocktails, and community," Teri Rose, Senior Director of Culinary Development, said in a press release. "Cincinnati is Kroger's hub for culinary innovation and experimentation, and the food hall is an example of the types of concepts and ideas we're creating every day."
The On The Rhine Eatery can house 200 customers and offers both indoor and outdoor seating, and a full-service bar featuring local beers, signature cocktails, wine, and Kentucky bourbons. The food hall includes the following restaurants:
- Kitchen 1883 Café and Bar: an American-style food restaurant serving up dishes like flatiron steak panini, Brussels sprouts salad, and coconut milk smoothies, along with breakfast and a weekend brunch. This is Kroger’s second location.
- DOPE! Asian Street Fare: serves regional Asian dishes like ramen, bao buns, dumplings, and more, all inspired by Asian street food.
- Django Western Taco: a Mexican-American restaurant offering homemade tortillas made with Ohio corn, jerk chicken quesadillas, and jackfruit carnitas, along with handcrafted margaritas, breakfast dishes, and weekend brunch.
- Eli’s BBQ: a Cincinnati favorite that serves up hickory-smoked pork sandwiches topped with homemade BBQ sauce, ribs, smoked turkey, and flavorful sides like macaroni and cheese and jalapeño cheddar grits.
- Queen City Whip: the first of its brick-and-mortar locations will feature made-to-order burgers, chili dogs, and milkshakes.
Will the new food hall bring in more consumers and expand Kroger’s foodservice capabilities? Keep reading AndNowUKnow for more news.