Lidl to Open First Wave of Stores on Long Island by 2020
ARLINGTON, VA – Lidl is making waves on Long Island. In the first of several openings, the retailer announced its plans to open stores in Plainview, Babylon, Huntington, and Center Moriches by early 2020.
“We are happy to soon bring Lidl’s unique and fresh approach to grocery shopping to Long Island,” said Johannes Fieber, CEO of Lidl US. “Our new stores will allow customers to save time and money each week with a simple and efficient shopping experience. We also look forward to celebrating our grand openings with many familiar faces from the local Best Market teams.”
According to a press release, Lidl will invest heavily in Long Island and will utilize local contractors throughout the remodeling process. Lidl’s plan includes remodeling Best Market stores—27 of which Lidl acquired late last year—currently located in Babylon and Huntington, and opening stores in Plainview and Center Moriches—which are new locations. The store in Plainview will replace the Best Market store currently located in Hicksville.
Lidl has also committed to offering all legacy Best Market team members guaranteed opportunities with Lidl in positions that offer wages and benefits.
When entering the store, shoppers can expect the following:
- An attractive, easy-to-shop, and newly-built store: The stores will have a newly fitted-out facility, featuring an easy-to-shop layout and streamlined shopping experience.
- Fresh Baked Goods: Customers will be greeted each day with the smell of Lidl’s top-quality breads and pastries, which are baked fresh throughout the day. A bakery will be located at the entrance of the store.
- High-Quality American Products: Lidl works with thousands of U.S. partners and suppliers. Roughly nine out of ten high-quality products sold at Lidl are its exclusive private label brands, and a majority of Lidl’s everyday assortment is sourced in America by Lidl’s U.S. team.
- Healthy, Sustainable Choices: All fresh and frozen seafood in Lidl’s everyday assortment is certified by either the Marine Stewardship Council (MSC), Best Aquaculture Practices (BAP), or the Aquaculture Stewardship Council (ASC). Lidl’s high-quality private label products also have no certified synthetic colors, added MSG, or partially hydrogenated oils (PHOs) containing trans fats.
- Organic and Gluten-Free Options: Lidl carries a variety of organic and gluten-free items including organic fruit, vegetables, meat, dairy, and packaged food items, which will all be available at the lowest possible prices.
- Lidl Surprises: Lidl offers an ever-changing selection of non-food products each week that will be in stores for a limited time. The selection will include fitness gear, small kitchen appliances, toys, and outdoor furniture, among other non-food items.
Stick with us here at AndNowUKnow for the latest in what’s going on in the retail sector.