Southeastern Grocers' Fresco y Más Banner Expands to 11 Stores in South Florida
JACKSONVILLE, FL - In response to the demand for a more authentic Hispanic grocery shopping experience, Southeastern Grocers is building up its number of Fresco y Más banner stores. The company has unveiled 5 new locations in the competitive South Florida market, making for a total of 11 for the banner.
“As Fresco y Más continues to evolve in South Florida, we are meeting the expanding consumer demand of providing more communities with an authentic Hispanic grocery store,” shared Ian McLeod, President and CEO of Southeastern Grocers, upon the announcement. “As we continue to listen and learn from our customers at all of our Fresco y Más locations, we are developing new stores that reflect exactly what our shoppers are looking for; More Savings. More Service. More For You.”
A key part of the Fresco y Más banner is its refreshed produce department, according to a press release, which features a farmer’s market setting and a wider selection of tropical fruits. In total, more than 500 new Hispanic items are available across several of the store’s departments.
“Each store’s new Hispanic-focused product assortment and features, including a full-service Latin butcher shop and new Cocina, are our commitment to providing a shopping experience that reflects the cultural connection we strive to make with our Hispanic customers,” continued McLeod.
Along with the new openings, Fresco y Más is also highlighting a new “Low Price every day” program, including more than 800 popular products at a discounted cost. Easily found in store with distinctive green and yellow arrow signage, the company said these prices will be at the same low price for at least 6 months.
Other enhancements throughout the new Fresco y Más stores include:
- A full-service Latin butcher shop (Carniceria)
- A new “Cocina” (kitchen) offering freshly prepared family favorites made from scratch
- New Dollar Zone, where customers can get over 600 everyday essentials for $1
- Renovated bakery department offering an expanded selection of Hispanic pastries and local baked goods
- All-new café serving authentic Hispanic breakfast, pastries, drinks and hot and cold sandwiches
- An additional Wall of Value section featuring weekly specials on popular items
- A new custom façade and vibrant yellow colors with bi-lingual signage throughout the store
First launched in Hialeah, FL, in June 2016, followed by five additional stores opened in December, Fresco y Más now includes 11 locations throughout South Florida. This new launch includes the following stores:
- 3701 NW 7th St., Miami, FL 33126
- 1630 W 49th St., Hialeah, FL 33012
- 3401 NW 18th Ave., Miami, FL 33142
- 6500 W 4th Ave., Hialeah, FL 33012
- 1201 E 10th Ave., Hialeah, FL 33010
How will this influx of Hispanic-focused stores transform the South Florida retail landscape? Keep watching AndNowUKnow as we delve in deeper.