Aldi Announces 40 Percent Expansion in Fresh Food Offerings
BATAVIA, IL - Ring the alarms because there’s a new product expansion in town, bringing more fresh produce to customers. The goal with the new expansion is to offer fresh, organic, and easy-to-prepare options. In fact, proving the company is putting its pedal to the metal on this release, 20 percent of products in every one of Aldi’s 1,800 stores will be new compared to last year, and the retailer will also be increasing fresh food selections by 40 percent.
As we move through the remainder of this year and into early 2019, the retailer will continue to roll out products nationwide, with new items focused on the following:
Fresh and healthy:
- More ready-to-cook and organic fresh meats to make meal preparation easier, including organic chicken breasts and marinated cilantro lime chicken breasts
- Expanded produce selection, including veggie noodles and ready-to-eat sliced fruits, such as mango, pineapple and watermelon spears, and more organics
- The expanding Earth Grown line has new vegan and vegetarian options, such as kale and quinoa crunch burgers, and chicken-less patties and tenders
- Expanded refrigeration offerings for grab-and-go convenience, including single-serve guacamole and organic hummus, plus fresh fruit and vegetable snack packs
- Newly added fresh organic salsa, antipasti salad, gourmet olives and calzones
- More drinks and refrigerated beverages, such as strawberry kefir and kombucha
- More easy-to-prepare meal starters, including quinoa bowls, premium pasta sauces and vegetarian options, like meatless hot dogs and sausages
“The continued success of our store expansion and remodel initiatives has given us the opportunity to carefully select and introduce new products that satisfy our customers’ increasing preferences for fresh items, including organic meats, salad bowls, sliced fruits, and gourmet cheeses,” Aldi U.S. CEO Jason Hart shared. “We know people lead busy lives, so we’re making it even easier for them to purchase everything on their shopping list at Aldi, while still saving money.”
As we've previously reported, the retail chain is primed and prepped for an accelerated growth plan with the hopes of investing over $5 billion to remodel and expand its store count to 2,500 by the end of 2022.
As it moves into the second half of its remodel investment, Aldi and its new store layout have made a point to feature additional refrigeration space to accommodate even more fresh, healthy, and convenient products, according to a press release.
Aldi’s new products are much anticipated—I mean, the retailer has received over 300 product awards for its wines, cheeses, and exclusive product lines, and let’s face it; those go well with every produce item in the book! So, what vino will you be pairing with your fresh-focused dish tonight?