Wraparound AdWraparound AdWraparound Ad
AMHPAC Prepares for Ninth Annual Convention; To Provide Unique Opportunities for Horticultural Industry

AMHPAC Prepares for Ninth Annual Convention; To Provide Unique Opportunities for Horticultural Industry

CANCUN, MX - With August just on the horizon and Mexico continuing to grow its global presence in the fresh produce arena, AMHPAC is gearing up for its 9th Annual Convention on August 25-26, in Cancun, Mexico. Nestled in this tropical locale, the event will take place at the Fiesta Americana Condesa Hotel where businesspersons and decision makers alike will learn, listen, share experiences, and build relationships in a venue that ensures quality, adventure, and unique opportunities.

Alfredo Diaz, CEO, AMHPAC

“For this 2016 event, we are looking to bring new energy and insights to national and international conversations,” CEO Alfredo Diaz, tells me. “Leaders of the horticultural industry, including growers, government officials, representatives of the supply chain, researchers and consultants, will gather to celebrate the diverse agricultural regions of Mexico and further the discussion on important topics that include food safety, advancing agriculture through technology and innovation, as well as adapting to a changing political climate.”

Last year's 8th Annual Convention

In addition, the show will allow American and Canadian retailers and wholesale executives the chance to meet with major Mexican growers to inspire those business opportunities and discussions.

Still haven’t registered, well now is the time, just click through here.

Last year's 8th Annual Convention

Stats from last year’s event:

  • 64% of 2015 Convention attendees were AMHPAC members.
  • 50% of members who attended last year's Convention came from the West, 21% from the Northwest, 20% from the Northeast and 9% from the Central area of Mexico.
  • 80% of participating companies were tomato growers, while the remaining 20% produced other crops (cucumber, pepper and eggplant, among others).
  • 100% of attending members export their products to the United States and Canada.

Along with a host of esteemed speakers and presenters, will be an exclusive General Assembly for AMHPAC members, where owners of agricultural companies and representatives of different input supplying and service companies will be participating.

This year's location, the Fiesta Americana Condesa Hotel

“This year should offer an amazing event and even better opportunities. One of the many reasons why we gather at this event each year is to discuss the issues affecting our industry and make decisions about the future of the organization and the industry,” Alfredo adds. “With participants across 20 different Mexican states, it is sure to be an exciting, educational, and must-attend event.”

For those of you looking to get your sweat on before those tequila shots, the AMHPAC race is your ticket – sign up now by contacting Susana Figueroa [email protected].

Speakers and topics at this year’s event include:

  • Dan Fone, NSF Internation, “Competing in the Global Food Safety Platform: A Review of International Requirements.”
  • Federico Reyes Heroles, Renowned Writer and Political Anchor, “2016: Political Noise and Slow Construction of the Future.”
  • Peter Ravensbergen, Leader of the Food Safety Program at Wageningen University UR Food & Biobased Research, “Innovative Developments in the Agrifood Supply Chain.”
  • Juan Antonio Águila Marín, PhD on Human Development Sciences with Major in Organizational Development, “Positive Attitude Towards Change.”
  • Dr. Estelle Cheret Bittelin, Director of the R & D department at RKW, Agriculture Division,  “The Impact of Plastics in Protected Agriculture.”
  • José Luis Solleiro Rebolledo, a Head Researcher “B” at the Center of Applied Sciences and Technological Development (UNAM), “The Importance of Technological Innovation in the Agriculture Sector.”

“Each year we listen to the feedback of our attendees and members to ensure that we meet the needs of convention participants,” Alfredo adds. 

Time is winding down to register for this annual event, so take a pen to your calendar, get your sunglasses ready, and we will see you at the show!


Companies in this Story

AMHPAC - Asociación Mexicana de Horticultura Protegida AC

Establishment of a Trade Marketing Office that will focus on monitoring the interests of the organized members of the...