Good Foods Concludes Dip Into Summer Tour With 50K Donation to Local Food Banks; Heather Penn Details
PLEASANT PRAIRIE, WI - Staying true to its name, Good Foods is out in the world making a positive impact on communities in need. Following a successful, multi-city Dip Into Summer tour, the supplier of better-for-you dips and guacamoles has unleashed an investment of over $50,000 through product and monetary donations to eight regional food banks.
“Our mission at Good Foods is to make healthy and flavorful food available to everyone, everywhere,” said Heather Penn, Charitable Board Chairwoman, Good Foods Family Foundation. “This tour was a wonderful opportunity to bring our mission not only to those who visited us at events, but also to people in need within each community, thanks to these impactful organizations.”
According to a press release, the tour featured 10 events in eight different cities, from coast to coast between May and July. The campaign kicked off in Chicago and concluded in Good Foods’ backyard, Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin.
Throughout the tour, Good Foods elevated its brand amongst consumers by sharing over 66,000 samples of its plant-based dips and guacamoles, engaging with shoppers via giveaways, and uniting with nonprofit organizations to make a difference in each market. The company also donated surplus product samples following events whenever possible.
When awarding these grants, Good Foods selected each recipient organization based on their shared passion for fighting food insecurity.
Some of the organizations that received this generous support include:
- San Diego Hunger Coalition – $5,000 monetary donation
- Hunger Fight – $5,000 monetary donation
- Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida – $5,000 monetary donation
- HOPE Atlanta – $5,000 monetary donation
- Harvest Hope Food Bank – $5,000 monetary donation
- Every Meal – $5,000 monetary donation
- Beyond Hunger – $5,000 monetary donation
- Kenosha County Food Bank – $5,000 monetary donation
- Feeding San Diego – $14,000 product donation
Join us in celebrating Good Foods for this successful campaign!