H-E-B Makes a Historic Investment in Workers and Expands Store Count with New Store
RICHMOND, TX - It’s a historic week for H-E-B. Not only is the Texas grocer expanding its footprint with a new location under its long-awaited H-E-B Spring Green Market format, H-E-B has also announced it is ending its temporary Texas Proud Pay program in favor of transitioning to a long-term, permanent merit increase for its 120,000 Partners (employees).
“I am excited to open this new store and provide this growing community access to their own H-E-B. This store will feature an amazing selection of products paired with outstanding service that will be hard to beat,” said Trevor Spradlin, who will serve as Top Store Leader and draw from his 13 years with H-E-B to manage the new 101,000-square-foot Spring Green Market, which will open in Richmond, Texas. “This will be the first time I’m working and living in the same community.”
According to a press release, the new store will offer shoppers a world-class, spacious shopping destination with a pledge to deliver unsurpassed freshness and quality at affordable prices. Whether it’s an in-store experience, an online order Curbside pick-up (the new store is actually one of the largest Curbside facilities in the H-E-B family), home delivery, or grabbing a meal on the go—the newest H-E-B location has it all, including the following fresh perks:
- Largest assortment of Texas-made products, from jams and sauces to chips and spreads, tomatoes, greens, citrus, and more
- Fully-stocked Healthy Living department featuring bulk foods, including nuts, grains, dried fruits, and snack mixes, as well as vitamins. natural beauty products, and more
- H-E-B Organics and H-E-B Select Ingredients
- Made in-store palate quenchers, including fresh squeezed juices and freshly made guacamole
- Full-service Scratch Bakery and Tortilleria
- Texas hospitality and knowledgeable service that’s second to none—provided by more than 400+ H-E-B Partners
And, speaking of these 400+ Partners, H-E-B is also acknowledging the hard work of its front-line employees with more than temporary premium pay. The grocery retailer announced it is transitioning to a long-term, permanent investment into its workforce. This will include accelerated and enhanced pay increases for store, manufacturing, and supply chain hourly non-management Partners and will serve as the largest investment in pay in the history of H-E-B, according to a separate press release.
AndNowUKnow will continue keeping the fresh produce industry in the know about the latest grocery retail milestones.