Calavo Growers Releases Annual Sustainability Report; Brian Kocher Shares
SANTA PAULA, CA - Another year has passed, marking Calavo Growers’ continued commitment to sustainability and progress when it comes to its environmental, social, and governance (ESG) initiatives. As the supplier continues to move the needle, it has released its 2021 Sustainability Report: The Calavo Way, to spotlight its ongoing development and achievements.
“Over the last few years, teams across Calavo have worked to launch, improve, and align sustainability activities to meet evolving customer, investor, and internal expectations,” says Brian Kocher, Chief Executive Officer. “The Calavo Way emphasizes that sustainability is embedded into all our decision-making processes, whether they occur within our own facilities or extend to our partners. It is gratifying to see the progress we have made, and to know that more is yet to come.”
Proud of its accomplishments in the ESG category, Calavo laid out some of its key achievements in a release. They include:
- Hired a new corporate officer with formal responsibility for ESG
- Replaced propane forklift fleet with electric models
- Installed LED lighting upgrades at all value-added distributor facilities
- Recycled 49,380 tons of materials formerly sent to landfill
- Increased starting wages in Mexican Operations to be at least 49 percent higher than the minimum wage
- Integrated sustainability and financial reporting meeting new stakeholder requirements
Each of these accomplishments and goals builds on Calavo’s five core values: Quality, Innovation, Respect, Drive, and Stewardship.
Calavo’s 2021 report was prepared in accordance with Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB) best practices for corporate sustainability reporting.
To read the report in its entirety, click here.
What ESG achievements will 2022 hold for Calavo? Stay tuned to AndNowUKnow for answers.