H-E-B Opens New 92,000-Square-Foot Store
HOUSTON, TX - Bigger is always better for Texas, and H-E-B is staying true to that ethos. On Wednesday, January 30 at 6 a.m., the retailer opened a brand new 92,000-square-foot two-story store with a dazzling array of services and food options. The lucky devils of Houston’s Heights community are sure in for a treat.
“We appreciate all of the support and effort by The Heights community that made it possible for H-E-B to build here,” said Scott McClelland, President Food & Drug. “Creating a store that captures the spirit of The Heights was our number one goal. I think we’ve been able to add to the character of the community with this store.”
According to the press release, the store will feature many of the company’s well-known favorites, including the full line of its popular H-E-B Meal Simple heat and eat options, a to-go option that is fresh, convenient, packed with flavor, and ready to serve in minutes. The store will also provide a full line of organic and better-for you products included in its H-E-B Organics and H-E-B Select Ingredients lines.
Shoppers will have multiple options for getting their groceries, through the use of H-E-B Curbside, a service designed to save customers time while offering all the products available in-store, H-E-B Home Delivery, and even the option to order online and have groceries shipped to 48 states across the U.S.
Some of the store highlights include:
- A full service wine and beer section with over 1,800 bottles of wine, 300 varieties of beer, in-store sampling, and a dedicated wine manager
- Cooking Connection and the Showtime Kitchen which features live demonstrations of recipes that can be made at home
- A fully-stocked Healthy Living department with bulk foods including honey, nuts, dried fruit, supplements, and much more
- Made in-store palate quenchers, including fresh juices and guacamole
- A full service seafood department stocked with not only fresh fish and seafood, but also fresh sushi and poke bowls
- A Tortillería
- A specialty coffee shop, Roastery Coffee Kitchen
As part of the new store opening, the company plans to donate $10,000 to worthy charities, with $5,000 going to Friends for Life, the only LEED-certified, no-kill animal shelter in Houston, and another $5,000 going to HITS Theater, an educational organization offering classes in singing, dancing, and acting for children.
The new store will be located at 2300 N. Shepherd Drive (at 24th Street) in Houston Heights.
Keep reading AndNowUKnow for more news about innovative new stores like this.