Mushroom Council Launches January Social Media Campaign: “What’s Your Mushroom Horoscope?"
REDWOOD SHORES, CA - Whether you believe in astrology or not, one thing’s for sure: Horoscopes are hot right now with consumers, and marketers across the food space are relying on the stars for campaign guidance. The Mushroom Council is the latest in this space to latch onto the trend with its all-new social media campaign, “What’s Your Mushroom Horoscope?”
“We wanted to begin the new year with a fresh way to inspire fans to discover mushroom varieties they may not be as familiar with and even try out a new recipe,” said Bart Minor, President and CEO. “We expect our digital audiences—whether they are ‘delicate and mystical’ Pisces or ‘classic and loyal’ Capricorns—will have fun determining whether their designated mushroom reflects their personalities.”
According to a press release, the fun, playful social media campaign will feature email newsletters, blog posts, social media content, graphics, and more in order to encourage consumers to discover their 2020 mushroom sign based on their corresponding zodiac.
Along with assigning each mushroom variety a unique personality description, the Mushroom Council is also providing recipe recommendations to inspire the culinary use of mushrooms. Curious as to what mushroom you are? Find out below!
- Aquarius, Beech: Innovative & Versatile
- Pisces, Oyster: Delicate & Mystical
- Aries, Portabella: Ambitious & Bold
- Taurus, Crimini: Joyful & Reliable
- Gemini, Yellow Oyster: Creative & Vibrant
- Cancer, Enoki: Sweet & Emotional
- Leo, Maitake: Adventurous & Unique
- Virgo, Shiitake: Practical & Intense
- Libra, The Blend: Harmony & Balance
- Scorpio, Trumpet: Happy & Energetic
- Sagittarius, Pink Oyster: Dreamy & Whimsical
- Capricorn, White Button: Classic & Loyal
Where my fellow shiitakes at!?
Alongside the campaign, the Mushroom Council is also releasing a graphic of the recognizable zodiac wheel, which will match up each sign to a mushroom variety or The Blend. The innovative campaign runs all January long.
For more exciting ways produce purveyors are upping their marketing game, stay right here with AndNowUKnow. After all, no matter your sign or corresponding mushroom variety, ANUK is the right produce news source for you!