United Natural Foods, Inc. Reshapes Leadership and Organizational Structure to Drive Further Growth; Sandy Douglas Shares
PROVIDENCE, RI - Sometimes, the only thing you need to spark ideas and growth is some rearranging. That is the approach that United Natural Foods, Inc. (UNFI) has taken, as the distributor has announced a new leadership and organizational structure to focus on key operational priorities.
“We are on an aggressive path to drive shareholder value by helping to create sustainable, profitable growth with and for our customers and suppliers,” said Chief Executive Officer Sandy Douglas. “With positive momentum and a $140 billion addressable market with significant opportunities for selling more to existing and new customers, we are well-positioned to attain these objectives. Our high-performing, diverse leadership team, new organizational structure, and value-based approach will ensure we are devoting maximum managerial talent and focus toward achieving these growth plans.”
Moving forward, UNFI and its leadership team will prioritize four growth platforms: services, wholesale, retail, and corporate and business transformation, according to a release.
The services platform will be led by Chris Testa and is responsible for the company’s supplier services, professional services, e-commerce, and private and owned brands portfolio.
UNFI’s wholesale platform be headed by Steve Dietz, who will lead the wholesale customer growth work; Mark Bushway, who will oversee supply chain, transportation, and safety; and Jack Clare who will lead information technology.
CUB CEO Mike Stigers will continue to lead UNFI’s owned retail division as part of the retail platform, while the corporate and business transformation platform will continue to be led by John Howard, Mahrukh Hussain, Matt Echols, Danielle Benedict, Louis Martin, and Brandan Walsh.
In addition to its senior leadership team, UNFI has recruited leaders to accelerate growth in high-priority areas of the business and support its strategy. They include:
- Kristyn Farahmand, formerly SVP Investor Relations and Strategic Finance at CBRE Group, Inc., will lead UNFI’s investor relations and finance transformation teams
- Tehzin Chadwick, formerly Global Senior Director of Environmental Health and Safety Compliance at SYSCO, will lead workplace safety and food safety initiatives across the U.S. and Canada
- Usman Waheed, formerly Chief Information Officer at Knoll, will lead the Company’s digital strategy focused on customers, suppliers, and associates
- Angie Balian, formerly VP and General Manager at Weston Foods, will partner with the brands and services team with a focus on initiatives to accelerate growth, drive efficiencies, and help customers succeed
- Autumn Price, formerly VP of Government and Industry Relations at Land O’Lakes, Inc., will lead the newly created government and public affairs team
To read more about these changes, click here.
How will this restructuring affect UNFI’s growth in the industry? Stay tuned to AndNowUKnow for answers.