Albertsons Announces Fourth Quarter and Full Year Results; Vivek Sankaran Discusses
BOISE, ID - Showcasing a successful growth blueprint, Albertsons recently released its fourth quarter fiscal 2021 and full year fiscal 2021 results. In the report, the retailer showed a $1.6 billion gain over the same period last year, highlighting the company’s agility when it came to overcoming ongoing hurdles affecting the retail market.
"We are pleased with our fourth quarter and full-year 2021 results and the continuing momentum we are seeing as we enter 2022," said Vivek Sankaran, Chief Executive Officer. "Our strategy is working, and we are executing well against industry-wide pressures. We want to recognize and thank all of our retail, distribution, and manufacturing teams for their commitment to and care of our customers and their communities."
Other highlights from the fourth quarter report include:
- Identical sales increased 7.5 percent on a two-year stacked basis; identical sales growth was 19.3 percent
- Net income of $455 million
- Adjusted EBITDA of $1.07 billion
- Net sales and other revenue was $17.4 billion during the 12 weeks ended February 26, 2022 compared to $15.8 billion during the 12 weeks ended February 27, 2021
Adding to the list of successes, highlights from the fiscal 2021 release included:
- Digital sales increased 5 percent; on a two-year stacked basis digital sales growth was 263 percent
- Net income of $1.62 billion
- Adjusted net income of $1.78 billion
- Adjusted EBITDA of $4.39 billion
To read the report in its entirety, click here.
As Albertsons continues to evolve its growth strategy, AndNowUKnow will report the latest.