DMA Solutions to Host Ten Aggies for Fresh Students at Upcoming Viva Fresh Expo
DALLAS, TX – With Viva Fresh Produce Expo just around the corner, DMA Solutions, Inc. is looking to further bolster the future of the industry with the latest installment of its Aggies for Fresh campaign. Bringing new talent straight to the industry, DMA Solutions will be bringing ten students from Texas A&M University to the event through the program, nearly double the number from its first year.
“The reason that these students chose to attend Texas A&M is the same reason they will make great additions to this industry,” said President and CEO of DMA Solutions, Inc. Dan’l Mackey Almy. “I have personally mentored and selected these 10 superstars among a group of 30+ applicants and can attest to their interest and passion for doing work that will make a difference in the world.”
The company will be bringing this year’s scholarship recipients to Viva Fresh with support from the Texas International Produce Association and other industry leaders. According to a press release, the students will use this opportunity to better understand roles within the industry, while seeking out internships and full-time positions for the next steps in their careers.
This year, attendees of Viva Fresh will have a new opportunity to meet the hand-selected ten students at the Aggies for Fresh reception on Friday, April 21, 2017, from 4 – 5 p.m. Students will have opportunity to meet with companies one-on-one to learn more about what our industry has to offer.
This year’s scholarship recipients include:
- Anna Dement, Bachelor’s of Agribusiness (May 2017)
- Ashely Lewis, Bachelor’s of Agricultural Leadership and Development (May 2017)
- Ashley Seidenberger, Bachelor’s of Agricultural Communications and Journalism (May 2017)
- Forrest Dyer, Bachelor’s of Agricultural Economics (May 2017)
- Gabrielle Cowart, Bachelor’s of Agribusiness (May 2017)
- Jonathan Prieto, Bachelor’s of Plant and Environmental Soil Science (December 2017)
- McKenna Kolbasinski, Bachelor’s of Agricultural Economics (December 2018)
- Shelby Barrow, Bachelor’s of Agricultural Systems Management (August 2017)
- Victor Flores, Bachelor’s of Food Science and Technology (May 2017)
- Victoria De Leon, Bachelor’s of Horticulture (May 2017)
“Last year, the two graduating seniors found opportunities within the fresh produce industry upon graduation,” added Almy. “This year, with seven graduating in May, we’re hoping for a similar outcome.”
As one of the largest Agricultural Science schools in the world, DMA Solutions stated that Texas A&M University closely aligns its core values to that of the fresh produce industry. The university also seeks to answer some of the grand challenges the agriculture industry faces daily, by providing students with the resources it needs. Aggies for Fresh specifically aims to inspire Texas A&M students to pursue a career in the fresh produce industry since its founding in 2014.
For more information about this year’s recipients, click here.
Companies in this Story
DMA Solutions, Inc. is a specialized marketing agency serving the fresh produce industry driven by a mission to...