Giant Eagle Names Bill Artman as Chief Executive Officer; Bart Friedman Shares
PITTSBURGH, PA - Bill Artman was appointed as Giant Eagle’s Interim Chief Executive Officer back in March of this year. Now, the retail exec has been named to the position permanently.
“I’m humbled and honored by the opportunity to lead the company that I’ve been a part of almost four decades, while working alongside thousands of exceptional and talented Team Members,” said Artman. “My focus is, and always has been, on delivering for our customers and neighborhoods in which we operate, while providing the support our Team Members need so they can deliver the best experience possible for our customers no matter how they choose to shop with us.”
During his nearly 40-year tenure, Artman has served in various leadership roles, including President of Supermarkets, Executive Vice President, and Senior Vice President Retail Operations. Over the past five months, he has focused on putting the customer at the center of the company’s efforts.
Artman has also appointed several executive leaders with decades of industry experience. According to a press release, these appointments include:
- Terri Micklin: Executive Vice President, President of GetGo
- Jim Tsipakis, RPh.: Executive Vice President, President of Supermarkets and Pharmacy
- Dave Burnworth: Executive Vice President, Chief Financial Officer
- Graham Watkins: Executive Vice President, Chief Information and Supply Chain Officer
- Justin Weinstein: Executive Vice President, Chief Strategy and Marketing Officer
- Greg Baker: Executive Vice President, General Counsel
- Janis Leigh: Executive Vice President, Chief People Officer
“Bill already has made a tremendous impact in his interim role, giving the Board confidence that he is the right leader to take Giant Eagle to new heights. We are pleased to officially welcome him as CEO,” said Bart Friedman, Chair of the Board of Directors. “Over the past five months Bill has established a new business strategy and assembled a strong executive leadership team comprised of an accomplished group of professionals with decades of relevant experience who have both a keen understanding of the company’s unique standing as a multi-format retailer and a strong vision for its future.”
For more from the press release, click here. And keep coming back to ANUK.